Imec is the world-leading R&D and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. As a trusted partner for companies, startups and academia we bring together brilliant minds from all over the world in a creative and stimulating environment. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of diverse partners across a multitude of industries, we are accelerating progress towards a connected, sustainable future.
Work alongside 3,500 researchers at imec. Researchers at HR, researchers in the process and the fab, researchers at the technical department, researchers at the cafeteria and researchers at the research department, of course.
A brilliant idea needs the best colleagues, the best working environment and a cleanroom that is amazingly clean. And most importantly, it needs research. Research that leads to nanotechnology to detect cancer cells, software for self-driving vehicles, bendable displays and renewable energy sources. All this comes from combined research by different people. The most advanced equipment can only deliver the most desired results if the people using these tools join forces. From the ground floor up to the 15th floor. They all need to be on the same level.
Technology starts with people. At imec the names include Hilde, Kim, Praveen and Umberto - 75 nationalities who drink about 200 cappuccino’s a day. 3,500 researches who make our company grow. 3,500 researches who grow at our company.
In this story everybody has a role, whether it be a leading or a supporting one. Because in ten years from now someone somewhere will live a better life thanks to you and your team at imec.
Join the forward thinkers.
Imec's Good Governance Charter prescribes a reasoned system of good governance, taking into account the specific mission and status of imec as a non-profit organization.
The charter is a guideline for a balanced, clear, and transparent distribution of authority and responsability, outlining the processes of accountability and liability. The charter also contains a code of conduct for all employees of imec.
This charter will strengthen the long-term development and growth of imec.
Download imec's Good Governance Charter here.
Corporate Social Responsibility
people | planet | profit
Imec’s focus on social responsibility is driven by our values that define our way of doing business. We strive for integrity, passion, connectedness and excellence. We care for the well-being and education of our people. We value diversity in the workplace and we endeavor solidarity around the globe. We respect our planet through an environmentally friendly way of working. We are committed to develop nano-enabled solutions in ICT, healthcare and energy that allow people to have a better life in a sustainable society.
imec – embracing a better life | people
Imec’s focus on social responsibility is driven by our values that determine the way in which we do business. We care for the well-being and education of our people. We value diversity in the workplace and we endeavor solidarity around the globe.
- Caring about the well-being of our employees, we focus on a healthy work-life balance and stimulate a healthy way of working and living.
- We support employability for the innovation industry with education in state-of-the-art technologies and encouragement of students’ interest and participation in science and technology.
- We believe in the power of diversity by recognizing and appreciating diverse personalities. We strongly value diversity in gender, culture and age.
- We stand up for people in need by supporting and initiating solidarity actions around the world.
imec – embracing a better life | planet
Imec’s focus on social responsibility is driven by our values that determine the way in which we do business. We respect our planet through an environmentally friendly way of working.
- We strive for a sustainable planet by eco optimization of our infrastructure and our way of working. We raise green awareness amongst our people.
imec – embracing a better life | profit / programs
Imec’s focus on social responsibility is driven by our values that determine the way in which we do business. We are committed to develop nano-enabled solutions in ICT, healthcare and energy that allow people to have a better life in a sustainable society.
- We shape the fundaments for a better future with our research programs by delivering technology solutions to global industries that increase wellness and welfare across the world, for a sustainable and patient-friendly healthcare system, for greener energy generation and consumption.
Imec equals quality.
In its quality policy, imec engages to deliver research results that meet the demands and expectations of its current and future customers.
Imec uses for this purpose a structured and documented quality management system based on the NBN-EN-ISO 9001:2008 standard.
The ISO 9001 certificate strengthens imec’s competitive position as an international research center.
Imec Belgium has an ISO 9001 certificate for the following activities: training, consulting, design, research, development, integration, characterisation, prototyping and low volume production. These activities apply to processes, systems and software in the field of nanoelectronics and nanotechnology.
In 1994, imec's departments for solar cells and for silicon processing were the first to receive an ISO 9001 certificate. The first ISO 9001 certificate for the whole of imec Belgium was awarded by SGS in 1997. Since 2005, the audits have been done by Kiwa Belgium NV.
Research integrity is an integral part of imec's organizational culture.
- We are precise when conducting research and publishing results.
- We are cautious and act with foresight and precaution, not harming anyone.
- We are dependable, both in our scientific work and in our reporting, because third parties trust us.
- Our research is verifiable, allowing colleagues to follow our progress correctly.
- We conduct our research in an honest and autonomous way.
- We are impartial when conducting our research.
Imec’s policy on research integrity focuses on stimulating 'good research practices'. Some clear definitions are helpful and necessary.
The 'codes of conduct' at a Belgian and European level are our reference framework.
Imec has installed a Commission on Scientific Integrity (CSI), which is responsible for imec's policy on research integrity. This Commission also deals with cases of possible research misconduct, such as plagiarism, falsification or fabrication of data. Imec is also member of the Flemish Commission of Scientific Integrity (VCWI). People that are involved in cases of possible research misconduct can ask this commission for a second opinion, after the CSI of imec has come to a conclusion on that case.
For all issues and questions related to research integrity you can contact our Research Integrity Officer Veronique de Halleux at firstname.lastname@example.org