Business Development Manager Fabless, System & EDA Industry
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
Imec’s core business is building on strategic collaborations with world leading players in the semiconductor ecosystem, ranging from equipment and material suppliers, over IC makers, foundries, and in an increasing level also fabless design companies and system houses. We work on joint roadmaps and enablement of future Semiconductor solutions. The business segment ‘Core CMOS’ oriented to the Fabless chip design companies, system houses and EDA companies is a challenging and growing segment. This segment has new system related offerings, for e.g. IOT, Big data and Deep Learning, enabled through novel hardware concepts. For this business segment we are looking for a Business Development Manager.
As Business Development Manager you are responsible for business offerings and associated marketing for the assigned technology programs in Core CMOS. You are the corporate account for customers in the segment of the Fabless chip design, system houses and EDA. In this role you work in close collaboration with the related technical program directors and management in the different Technology Units of imec.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Business development of the Technology Programs for the assigned accounts, based on full insight in the technological and application capabilities of the program(s), and translating this into an offering that meets the needs and requirements of your (target) customers.
- Give guidance for and discuss the product roadmaps with the responsible Program owners and executive management from a business strategy perspective for the assigned segment;
- Own the business offering, IP models and pricing strategy for the assigned program or activity segment;
- Ownership for discussions, with both existing and target accounts, in order to maintain or build the value offering, organizing on-site and customer field visits owning review agendas and representing the business offering;
- Take full ownership of and drive relevant customer visits, define the relevant agenda’s with R&D units;
- Co-own and drive the technology/application content and business offering of sales proposals, and lead the discussions to contract closure, in interaction with the customer and other corporate functions in imec, and regional account management;
- Develop the relevant Going to Market plan (GtM) and seek buy-in of stakeholders and drive joint execution.
- You will be part of the Business Development team for Core CMOS and will coordinate with the segment leader for the IC Makers and the Fabless, system and EDA Industry.
We value your Master in Applied or Exact Sciences or engineering, and especially your electronics, physics or material science focus and your experience with semiconductor technology or chip/system design. Your knowledge of IOT, Big data and Deep Learning will be considered as a plus. We need your affinity with the semiconductor industry ecosystem and your sound experience or willingness to dive into business matters and partnership building. We are looking for your strong verbal and written communication skills. Your analytical skills, your accurate and structured work will also be an asset for us. We appreciate your enthusiasm and team spirit and value the initiatives you take. We hope you don’t mind travelling and using your English language skills. We will be happy if you also talk Dutch, but this is no must.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.