Business Development Manager Photovoltaics and Energy Storage
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
Imec’s energy business is increasingly building on strategic collaborations with world leading PV, battery and energy companies. We work on novel solutions for better and more cost effective solar cell, PV module and integration technologies using silicon and thin film PV technologies, as well as on innovative technology for safer, faster charging and higher energy density batteries. For this energy business segment, imec is looking for a Business Development Manager.
You are the corporate account for the customer segment of thin film solar and batteries. In this role you work in close collaboration with the related technical directors and managers in the technology units of imec.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Business development for imec’s thin film PV and battery technology development, based on full insight in the technological and application capabilities of these activities, and translate these into an offering that meets the business and technology targets of your segment.
- Develop relevant Going to Market plans (GtM) for the thin film PV and battery segment, identify new customers and partnerships taking into account the interests of all stakeholders and your business targets.
- Give guidance for and discuss the product and technology roadmaps with the responsible technical owners and executive management from business strategy perspective for the thin film PV and battery segment.
- Own the business offering, IP models and pricing strategy for your segment.
- Take full ownership to identify and approach new potential customers in the PV and battery field.
- Take ownership for discussions with industrial actors maintaining the value offering, organizing on-site and customer field visits, owning review agendas and representing the business offering.
- Drive relevant customer visits to imec HQ and define the agenda in coordination with the R&D units.
- Interact and synchronize with the business development managers and technical owners at imec’s R&D partners at Solliance in Eindhoven and at EnergyVille in Genk, in this way jointly coordinating the overall business development in the thin film PV and battery segment.
- Co-own and drive the technology/application content and business offering of sales proposals (from concept note to final contract) together with business operations and the corporate functions IP & Legal.
- You will report directly to the Business Development Director Energy.
We value your Master in Applied or Exact Sciences, especially your electronics, physics or material science focus and your experience with solar cell, battery or semiconductor technology and manufacturing. We need your affinity with the PV, battery and/or energy industry ecosystem and your sound experience in business matters and partnership building. We are looking for your strong verbal and written communication skills. Your analytical skills, your accurate and structured work will also be an asset for us. We appreciate your enthusiasm and team spirit and value the initiatives you take. We hope you don’t mind travelling and using your English language skills. We will be happy if you also talk Dutch, but this is no must.
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech and international environment in close interaction with our R&D partners at Solliance and EnergyVille. You will have the opportunity to build strategic relationships with world leading PV, battery and energy companies.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.