Deep Learning Architect
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Deep Learning Architect.
Scaling towards advanced logic nodes, device scaling becomes more and more challenging. In meanwhile deep learning has emerged to be a very large market. As the market for machine learning and deep learning grows the need for specialized technology to increase the efficiency of such systems start to be extremely important. As a Deep Learning Architect you will work in a small and dynamic team to design and implement state of the art neural network algorithms in imec’s deep learning architecture and technology, including detection and classification techniques spanning a range of applications.
- architect, design and develop (hands-on) state-of-the art deep learning solutions in imec’s technology;
- drive the imec strategy & roadmap for building a specialized deep learning technology and architecture from the algorithm side;
- do research of new technology trends; come up with suggestions and subsequent deployment;
- be working aside a team of technologists, circuit engineers and designers towards creating a unique deep learning architecture and technology;
- play a key role in driving forward the right algorithm and architecture choices for such a task.
- You have obtained a Master degree in Electronics or Computer Science Engineering, with at least 2 years of relevant industrial experience in deep learning or a PhD in machine learning or deep learning.
- You have a good understanding of state of the art deep learning techniques and architectures for machine learning e.g. convolutional networks, LSTM etc.
- You have experience designing one or more of the deep learning networks such as CNNs, recurrent nets, supervised and unsupervised learning.
- You have experience working with one or more deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, Theano, Torch, TensorFlow.
- You have knowledge of hardware architectures for deep learning.
- Experience with mapping deep learning algorithms on hardware (GPU or others) is a big plus.
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.