Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! To reinforce our innovation team, which is responsible for bringing imec technologies to the commercial market, we are currently looking for an Innovation Manager .
As innovation manager you boost venture projects to the market via a spin-off, a license deal or technology sale.
You are responsible for helping to create the right environment and process to:
- Encourage the imec researchers to submit their ideas into the venture funnel.
- Help build teams around the idea.
- Enrich the idea, so it gets selected for a venture project.
- Support the venture project during the various stages of development.
- Successfully exit the venture project, creating a win-win situation for all involved stakeholders.
- Recognize promising ideas, establish win-win relations between ideas of different groups and encourage individuals to develop their ideas for entry into the venture funnel.
- Help to create excellent entrepreneurial teams for venture opportunities, identify high potentials for these teams inside and outside imec. You do this by extending and accessing the entrepreneurial network.
- Make sure the success factors of a scalable venture are well understood by the teams and applied to their case.
- Coach and mentor the teams to develop their business plans, get them selected by the investors and execute the plan.
- Help prepare the exit of the venture, and negotiate with the various stakeholders involved.
- Help create an environment where entrepreneurship is encouraged and developed.
- Establish partnerships with internal and external parties to promote new business ideas based on imec technologies.
- Liaise with public and private funds to help prepare funding for the new initiatives.
We appreciate your strong entrepreneurial, result-oriented spirit and ambitions and we value your background as a master in engineering or life sciences. We are looking forward to your strong entrepreneurial background in technology startups where you, preferably, have participated in a lead role in a technology startup. We think your demonstrated knowledge and experience of early-stage opportunities and translating technologies into businesses will be a great asset for us. We need your excellent negotiation skills for the challenging negotiation cycles with our various stakeholders that often have conflicting requirements. You are talented in technology development, intellectual property protection, patents and commercialization from discovery to development.
Because of your solid analytical skills, you can assess and understand the key attributes of technologies, products, markets and teams that lead to successful startup companies. We need your talent to adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner. You demonstrate operational excellence, by taking actions, coordinating, driving and assisting decision processes and paying attention to detail. You possess strong verbal and written English communications skills and use this during presentations and your interactions with our customer and business.
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to be exposed to new technologies and applications that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. You will have the opportunity to create and be part of an entrepreneurial environment and to bring our innovative technologies and applications to the market. You can help and coach young ambitious teams to build an attractive business case and execute on it. Also, you will extend your network in the world of technology entrepreneurs, experts and investors.
Imec, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan. Furthermore, imec offers a wide range of training possibilities.