Principal Scientist Advanced Patterning
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Principal Scientist Advanced Patterning.
As a Principle Scientist Advanced Patterning of the Advanced Patterning Department at imec, you will:
- help defining the strategy for imec’s advanced lithography/patterning solutions to enable the logic and memory CMOS scaling roadmaps
- guide the technical direction of the current Directed Self Assembly Program and upcoming Patterning Programs
- interact with imec’s other process steps groups (etch, thin film, …) to align on the patterning strategy
- be the lead interface for advanced patterning projects with imec’s Advanced Lithography Program partners: litho material suppliers, litho/patterning equipment suppliers and IDMs.
- further expand the academic collaborations on advanced patterning and litho materials
- take the technical lead over a team of engineers and PhD students and interns
- Preferable you have a PhD in Applied Science, Material Engineering or Electronics, combined with at least 10 years of industry experience.
- You combine a strong background in lithography with a good understanding of process steps such as etch and deposition.
- You have a strong customer focus and can build constructive relationships with your colleagues.
- You are knowledgeable and interested in future trends in the field of semiconductors.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.