Project Engineer for ASIC Assembly and Test
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
As project engineer for integrated circuit (ASIC) test solutions within imec IC-link you act as the technical support interface between our international customers, our assembly and test partners. You take up responsibility for the full project management including planning, definition of test solution, characterization and qualification of our customer’s integrated circuits.
You will be responsible for:
- The definition and overall planning of the work packages of the different project stages.
- Setting up the ASIC test solution with the test house and selecting the package type with the assembly houses.
- Discussing the ASIC prototype-to-production volume ramp plan with the customer including characterization & qualification.
- Organizing volume production after the volume ramp phase. You propose cost improvement plans such as yield improvement plans, multi-site test solutions and different packaging options together with the customer and test house.
- Yield analysis of the volume production.
- You will attend regular training courses in order to master the newest technologies related to the most advanced packaging and test methods.
- You have a Master’s degree in Electronics, preferably with 2 to 7 years of relevant experience in the areas of mixed signal and/or digital test solutions.
- You have experience in project-based work.
- You are pro-active and customer focused, like to take initiatives and you are very motivated to work within a team of engineers.
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory.
- You are willing to travel on a regular basis (1week/month) to our sub-contractors.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.