R&D engineer SoC Technology
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated R&D engineer SoC Technology.
As we scale towards advanced logic nodes, device scaling become more and more challenging. The benefits and challenges of the different device, backend and patterning options for future technology generations have to be evaluated not only on circuit level, but also from the SoC design side. Especially with the complexity of new patterning options, circuit level assessment is not sufficient to qualify the performance, power, area required and there is also a need to perform a full SoC loop with place and route.
In this job, you will
- evaluate the impact of device, backend and patterning choices on SoC design, in order to guide future technology development.
- set targets for different parts of the SoC for various application domains.
- interact closely with circuit designers, device experts and process integration engineers.
- assess power performance and area evaluation of various technology options at SoC level and look for the right solutions satisfying the requirements at advanced nodes.
- evaluate at circuit level various SoC subcircuits like critical paths, clk trees etc. at the outset of different device and back end options.
- generate relevant parts of a digital PDK since we focus on new technology nodes.
- You have obtained a Master degree in Electronics Engineering, with at least 3 years of relevant industrial experience or a PhD in digital circuit design.
- You have a good knowledge of synthesis and place and route tools to allow the evaluation of PPAC (power consumption, performance (speed), die area, and cost) post synthesis and post place and route. Knowledge of tools like
- Synopsys DC compiler, IC Compiler, Cadence RC compiler and SoC Encounter are required, as well as basic understanding of circuit design.
- You have a background of digital implementation and SoC architecture for one or more application domains (Mobile, Server, …) and can make specification for different parts of SoC in different market spaces.
- You worked with spice tools and are knowledgeable in synthesis and place and route tools.
- Custom design background in Virtuoso is a plus.
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.