Senior Analog and Mixed-Signal Chip Architect
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
The exponentially growing demand for advanced wireless communication and sensing capabilities in future IoT devices drives the industry towards ever more complex integration of analog and mixed-signal functionality in sub-nanometer CMOS systems-on-chip (SoC). We are looking for an experienced chip architect who can steer this integration and participate actively in the design phase. This requires both top-down insights (starting from system specifications and devising a suitable partitioning of blocks) as bottom-up thinking (taking the changing characteristics of downscaled devices and corresponding new optimal analog architectures into account).
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Drive the top-down system partitioning of advanced mixed-signal CMOS SoCs for future radar and communication systems.
- Drive the bottom-up evolution of analog and RF architectures taking technology scaling and changing device characteristics into account.
- Design key analog, mixed signal, RF and/or millimeter-wave functional blocks.
- Build up a comprehensive insight into all latest CMOS technologies (bulk CMOS, FinFET, SoI) and steer their choice driven by future application requirements.
- Be the technical conscience both within the team and imec as well as towards partners.
- Represent the team and drive technical discussions with partners and prospects.
- Take ownership of technical interactions technical interactions with both external partners and internal program management to shape imec’s research roadmap together with internal program management.
- You have a PhD degree in the domain of analog or mixed-signal IC design or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least ten years of analog or RF IC design experience and you have designed in CMOS technology.
- You are familiar with the implementation of wireless communication and/or radar systems and can translate their application-level requirements into IC design specifications.
- Experience in an industrial context is a plus.
- You enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.