Senior Research Engineer Wireless Systems
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Senior Process Engineer Thin Films.
The main focus of the job is the development and evaluation of wireless radio systems, with commercial available components or with Imec transceivers.
- System level analysis, performance studies, measurements and evaluation of wireless systems;
- Translate overall specifications into sub-block specifications; guide IC designers in the implementation of sub-blocks;
- Hands-on mentality with embedded hardware & software platforms;
- Prototyping of proposed solutions on printed circuits boards, FPGA, and DSP;
- Contribute to the radio system discussions and interact with multi-disciplinary teams of system experts, analog and digital IC designers, SW stack developers;
- Interact with external partners as part of the second-line technical support;
- Over the years you will grow either on the technical staff or on the managerial ladder.
- Excellent understanding of wireless communication systems;
- Good knowledge of state-of-the-art in low power wireless radio systems;
- Has been involved in multi-disciplinary discussions on radio systems;
- Understanding RF and transceiver designs is a plus;
- Experience in Matlab, Simulink, C++, Python, and other simulation tools;
- Experience with RF equipment, wireless signal measurement equipment, automated measurement scripts, and hardware platformsBeing able to work with FPGA and/or DSP hardware;
- Experience with transferring research results into development;
- MSc degree in electrical engineering or equivalent through experienceAt least 4 years of experience in wireless systems R&D;
- Flexible team player, actively helps other team members;
- Quick learner, that is able and interested to acquire new skills and competences;
- Good communication skill in English (written and spoken)
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.