Senior System Architect IR Imaging Systems
Imec is a world leader in nano-electronic and photovoltaic research leveraging its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. As a result, imec delivers technology solutions relevant to the industry. In our unique high-tech environment, the commitment of international top talent provides the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, and has offices in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, India and Japan. Its staff of 3000 people includes 740 industrial residents and guest researchers.
Imec’s non-visible imaging design center, based in Kissimmee, Florida, will develop key photonics enabling technologies and systems. It will contribute to societal improvements, such as better healthcare (by infrared endoscopy), safer transportation (by car based LiDAR vision systems) and improved security (by high resolution THz imaging systems). Because our research bridges the gap between academic research and industrial technology development, imec collaborates closely with selected well-known academic groups and with industrial partners in the design center. One of the new directions is the development of affordable high performance wide bandwidth cameras for non-visible imaging.
- You will lead system architecture definition and analysis activities in IR cameras targeting NIR, SWIR, MWIR and LWIR bands .
- You have a strong physics and electronics background, as well as a flexible approach towards the application of this background in diverse and novel fields. Since we are envisaging applications in security, medical and consumer space, previous experience in these areas is a strong asset. Further, synthetic analytic skills are crucial along with very good scripting abilities.
- A crucial aspect will be to bridge the gap between theory, simulations and practical, small form factor and real-time implementations. Indeed, we expect the System Architect to be instrumental in the breadboard prototype implementation of the systems he or she helps to define.
- You have a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics (optics) with a strong background in system modeling.
- Experience with IR/lidar/radar signal processing and classification is a definitive plus.
- You are proficient in industrial grade system simulation tools and programming (matlab, python, C and other languages).
- You are knowledgeable in following areas: focal plane arrays, electro optical systems, optics, photonics, semiconductor physics for imagers, computational imaging, stochastic signal processing, system identification, Kalman filters, estimation techniques (Bayesian estimation, least-squares, spectral estimation, super-resolution algorithms), image processing, supervised and non-supervised classification, neural networks, deep learning.
- You are a self-starter and a hands-on person.
- You can easily integrate in a multidisciplinary team within a global context.
- You possess strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken).
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.