Signal Processing Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
In close collaboration with industrial customers, clinical partners, and engineers from different disciplines, you will architect and design innovative algorithms to run on wearable systems forbio medical applications, combining cutting-edge research results with state-of-the-art components. Your main focus is to deliver solutions that can be used for (clinical) studies to explore ways to monitor and manage health problems in real life.
- Develop algorithms based on bio medical signals that will first run offline and will later be integrated in real time applications based on prototypes of imec hardware and off-the-shelf sensors, microcontrollers and radio’s, while interfacing to PC’s, smartphones and other
- Define protocols for data collection of bio medical signals such as EOG, ECG, EEG in order to develop robust algorithms.
- Combine signal processing with machine learning techniques to deliver state of the art algorithms .
- Interact with customers to align on system requirements and review progress.
- Support validation of developed algorithms in real-life or clinical studies.
- Share knowledge with the team, provide technical guidance, and drive technical roadmap in area of wearable electronics.
- Deliver high quality system designs, in a timely fashion, and in line with requirements
- MSc degree in bio medical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, data science or similar field.
- 4+ years’ experience in bio medical signal processing preferably in the field of wearable health.
- Experience in bio medical signal processing for signal conditioning and feature extraction.
- Experience in algorithm development.
- Experience in Matlab, Python (Numpy/Scipy).
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.