Imaging and Camera Systems Engineer
Imec is one of the largest independent research centers in the domain of nanotechnology and –electronics with offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India. Over 2080 people with more than 70 different nationalities collaborate to perform research that mainly focusses on the development of chips and systems for the future. These are mostly researchers but our staff also consists of engineers, operators and people in logistic supporting roles.
In collaboration with our world-wide industrial partners and leading research institutes imec builds on the applications that are years ahead of the industry in the domains of better healthcare, smart electronics, renewable energy and safer transport.
- Analyze current prototypes and build a plan for productizing.
- Revisit important designs decisions, taking into account manufacturability and design for test.
- Define test plans.
- Specify and select subsystem components and select subcontractors and suppliers.
- Collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules and quickly adapt to new project requirements.
- You have a Bachelor/Master’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience in industrial camera or imaging product definition.
- You are an expert in setting up production and test of cameras or imaging systems.
- You have in-depth knowledge of industrial requirements, design for manufacturability and test, standardization, supply chain management.
- You possess strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.