R&D Program Manager
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated R&D Program Manager.
The focus of your activity will be towards Beyond CMOS and Beyond Si projects in the imec lab.
In your role as R&D Program Manager and together with the Department and the Members of Technical Staff you will:
- Develop project plans and define projects for device demonstration and fast concept screening in the imec lab.
- Define and develop, together with the process assistants and researchers, the flows needed to demonstrate the exploratory devices.
- Coordination with the device characterization team
- Estimate and coordinate the project budget, deliverables and operational plans and align the resources across the operational units to staff these projects.
- Steer a number of teams towards the achievement of their goals.
- Ensure a smooth progress by interacting on a regular basis with the different participants and stakeholders e.g. by reporting the project status to the industrial partners, the Department Director and the Unit VP.
- Organize meetings and telephone conferences with the industrial partners of the projects. You will disseminate their feedback and requests and translate them into actions for the project team members.
- Coordinate with PhD advisers, daily supervisors and PhD students to align work with program goals and periodically gauge progress towards goals.
- Prioritize resource distribution across projects to maximize program impact and output.
- You have a PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Electrical Engineering or other related fields with extensive hands-on lab experience. Your knowledge of process technology, and fabrication and characterization methods of exploratory devices in an advanced lab environment is what we need.
- Proven ability to work with master and PhD students.
- You have a proven track record as a pro-active Project Leader and you possess excellent coordination skills and you are successful in defining, planning, executing and reporting projects. A managerial track record is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Project is an asset.
- You are able to keep the overview of complex processes, work with deadlines and to set priorities.
- If you have experience in motivating people and knowledge of IC design and manufacturing, this is a plus.
- We look forward to your pro-active and constructive attitude, your mediation skills and your instilling enthusiasm within the research and development teams.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!