Senior Process Engineer Thin Films
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Senior Process Engineer Thin Films.
You will be a member of the Thin Film Process Engineering (TFE) team. The team is responsible for the development of many diverse types of processes that will be used by both internal and external customers in their research and development projects, on the deposition and anneal tools in both the 200mm and 300mm cleanrooms. In addition, the team is also responsible for the control and improvement of existing processes that are used by the same customers.
As Senior Process Engineer you will have a significant number of responsibilities and will therefore be highly influential in helping to team achieve their many KPIs, goals and targets.
- You will manage a cluster of PVD tools and be responsible for all aspects of process development and process quality within the cluster, with the support of the other cluster members.
- You will have overall ownership and responsibility for all process quality and process developments within the PVD Cluster.
- You will organize and manage the workload of the tool cluster amongst yourself and the other PVD Cluster members to ensure all KPIs are met.
- You will report the process performance of the PVD Cluster on a monthly basis to the TFE Team Leader.
You will plan and execute development activities within the PVD Cluster, delivering on-time high quality results to our customers that meets or exceeds their requirements.
- You will identify and implement process improvement opportunities within the PVD Cluster.
- To achieve this, you will be expected to take a significant hands-on role within the clean room.
- You will report progress, results and opportunities to various organizational levels both internally as well as to customers and partners.
- You will make sure the right quality processes are put in place within the PVD Cluster to safeguard tool and process stability.
- In the event of major processing or tool problems within the PVD Cluster you will assess potential root causes and effectively follow-up on the analysis in order to come to a structural solution in a timely manner.
- You will keep your level of scientific know-how up to date.
- You will represent imec in contacts with third parties and representatives for semiconductor players from around the globe for matters that relate to your field of competence.
You obtained a Master’s degree or a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Industrial or Materials Science. You have a solid working knowledge and experience of various process control and improvement techniques (e.g., SPC, Cp/CpK, FMEA, 8D, etc.); as well as a strong working knowledge and experience of different types of Thin Film deposition techniques (e.g., PECVD, ALD, PVD, LPCVD, etc.), but with an emphasis on PVD.
You have a strong understanding of the other semiconductor manufacturing areas (e.g., Lithography, Etch, CMP, etc.) and in particular how they interact with the deposition processes.
You are highly motivated and self-driven, and will initiate and assume ownership of problem solving and process improvement activities. Your innovative and creative mindset helps you finding solutions to problems. You are comfortable working in a team environment, but at the same time you can also work autonomously with minimal supervision when required. As an experienced Process Engineer, you will act as a guide, mentor and role-model to the other Process Engineers within the PVD Cluster. You are passionate about application development, data interpretation and are focused on achieving high quality results. To allow you to function in the multicultural environment of imec you are fluent in both written and spoken English.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.