Technical Project Leader Medical Development
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in Nano electronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
As a Technical Project Leader Medical Device development you will drive the technical direction of a venture project. Your challenge is to bring the project into a functioning product, by interacting with customers, suppliers and different team members. You will be employed by imec the Netherlands for 6 months while also participating in a full 3 months venture acceleration program. The aim is to join the venture after these 6 months. This is your opportunity to be exposed to new technologies and applications that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. You will have the opportunity to create and be part of an entrepreneurial environment and to bring our innovative technologies and applications to the market.
- Lead a venture project by developing medical device prototypes based on imec hardware and off-the-shelf sensors, DSP/microcontrollers and radio’s, while interfacing to PC’s, s martphones and other portable devices;
- Communicate and interact with a multi-disciplinary project team consisting Electrical, Software, and Biomedical Engineers;
- Manage operational execution of the project and deliver results in time;
- Manage suppliers and partners for the project, like PCB suppliers and mechanical design companies;
- Build and maintain a close relation and communication within the team; align on regular basis, and ensure issues are resolved quickly;
- Support Business Development in the venture project. Interaction with customers and prospective customers.
- MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Engineering, Computer Science or a similar field;
- 4+ years’ experience in low-power embedded system design, preferably in the field of wireless sensor networks and electronics;
- Experience in hardware and software development in accordance with medical device regulations;
- Experience in leading development projects;
- Experience with formal development, including requirements management, issue tracking, change management, regression testing etc;
- Able to take responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders;
- Proven ability to take on extensive responsibility and excel in a small team environment;
- Independent and driven, able to manage tight deadlines;
- Ambitious and highly motivated individual seeking a professional challenge;
- A strong entrepreneurial and result-oriented spirit;
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow;
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.