Test Development Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Test Development Engineer.
IMEC designs and processes a large variety of innovative devices and systems. These devices include electrical, electro-mechanical, optical, fluidic and bio-devices. Your job will be the development of test routines and the execution of the functional testing of these devices, where the main focus will be on the functional testing of integrated silicon photonics optical devices, both in the clean room (during wafer fabrication) and outside the clean room. Testing these devices requires good electrical and optical test skills and a good insight in the build-up and functioning of the devices. More in particular you will:
- collaborate with your senior colleagues and experts to develop our new optical in-line test equipment and develop new test routines for our existing equipment.
- do optical testing of integrated silicon photonics optical devices in collaboration with other test engineers
- be the main contact person for the set-up and execution of existing test routines.
- plan all the tests in discussion with internal or external customers and the team.
- do data analysis and report the results to the customers.
- check and guarantee the quality of the test results.
- report to the Reliability Electrical Test and Modeling Manager.
- You have a bachelor/master degree in industrial sciences (electronics) or a master in microelectronics.
- Programming skills (Python) are an asset.
- You have experience with optical and/or electrical test techniques.
- You are customer focused and take initiatives with respect to measurement accuracy and efficiency. You are proactive in customer support.
- You have good communication skills since you will work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team of imec researchers, PhD students and industrial researchers;
- You are a team player with good networking and reporting skills;
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of English is a must.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!