Topics of the symposium
- Circulating tumour cells, circulating DNA/RNA, exosomes, metabolites,…
- “Moving into the clinic”: clinical applications of liquid biopsies in various oncological disciplines
- Novel technical approaches for liquid biopsies
With this symposium, we intend to gather current and future users of liquid biopsies, and anyone with a clinical or basic scientific interest in this exciting and burgeoning field. The multidisciplinary audience will consist of oncologists, pathologists, geneticists, clinical chemists, organ specialists with an oncological focus…but also basic scientists and researchers from biotech and pharma industries.
Last year, our first international LKI Symposium (on “Tumour Immunology & Immunotherapy”) received very enthousiastic comments by >250 participants coming from a nice cross section of the above mentioned categories of attendants. Also for the current edition, we have managed to attract a very nice international selection of prominent pioneers in this field. See attached program or at the symposium website.
The meeting also offers young scientists an opportunity to present their research in the form of a poster or as part of a plenary session. All PhD students, postdocs and young investigators active in the broad field of cancer research are encouraged to register and to submit an abstract.
- When? 28-30 August 2017
- Where? KU Leuven University Hall, Naamsestraat 22, Leuven (Belgium)
- Program? click here or see attached file
- Registration? click here (early bird conditions till June 30th)
- Abstract deadline: July 1st - click here for info on abstract submission
- Accrediation for medical doctors available.
We are very much looking forward to meeting you in Leuven!