Our data science researchers deal – amongst other things – with data quality, how to interpret and visualize data from different sources, and how to turn data into valuable information and (ultimately) knowledge.
Fusing semantic intelligence and artificial intelligence into a single focus, imec’s research teams across the various Flemish universities aim to solve five crucial data science research challenges.
Learn more about imec’s research in and solutions for the extraction of reliable, clean data from raw data sets.
Learn more about imec’s research in and solutions for data mining to analyze distributed and non-distributed data in different settings.
Learn more about imec’s research in and solutions for data visualization to enable deep insights and generate new hypotheses.
Learn more about imec’s developments in machine learning to develop self-learning agents that examine data and provide us with understandable conclusions.
Learn more about imec’s research in and solutions data protection for cloud computing, IoT and general applications.
How can we help you?
Some examples of what we have done
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
Scientific Director AI
Developing a scientific roadmap AI for Intuitive Spaces
Director Artificial Intelligence Flanders Program
As our new Director for the AI Flanders program, you will define Flanders’ research strategy in artificial intelligence and ensure its valorization by the Flemish industry.
Introduction of EDS analysis into TEM automation.
Bringing chemical analysis into the CMOS industry for high throughput and precision by automated electron microscopy.
Data analysis on in-vitro neuronal network electrophysiology
Help scientists unravel brain function by using imec's state-of-the-art medical devicesMore job opportunities
What can we do for you?
- In addition to our research activities, we also work with industry partners to develop practical solutions that help them make the most of their data.
Why work with us?
- Imec’s data research builds on a unique combination of expertise in semantic intelligence (understanding how meaning is made and interpreted) and artificial intelligence (creating algorithms that detect patterns and extract knowledge out of raw data).
- Imec is a frontrunner in speeding up search algorithms and linking distributed data.
- Imec develops algorithms that will help future visual search interfaces serve up only the most relevant and valuable information by quickly and accurately predicting relationships and connections between different pieces of data.
- Teams at imec are already working with industrial partners to develop and deploy self-learning, multi-sensor robots that works seamlessly — and safely — with humans on one and the same assembly line.
- Imec is a key player in the international research community tackling the challenges of establishing data trust. It is also one of the only groups in the world working on data provenance reconstruction.