The first edition of eHealthMonitor was launched in 2019 as part of the 2019-2021 e-health plan. eHealthMonitor is a recurring survey on knowledge and use of eHealth applications in the health sector in Belgium. This survey mainly covers the following topics:
- The availability of eHealth applications
- The use of eHealth applications
- Changes to the use of eHealth applications
- Expectations related to eHealth applications
The specific user feedback should help policy makers to improve quality, usability and opportunities of eHealth applications in our country. And that’s a win for everybody, patients, care providers, health services and the government
Final report: summer 2020
The first edition of eHealthMonitor was wrapped up at the end of 2019. But the story doesn’t end there.
- In the first phase the feedback of more than 9000 respondents will be analysed quantitatively.
- In April, this is followed by a qualitative research: the statistical analysis will be complemented by feedback from healthcare providers and patients in guided focus groups. In these group discussions, users can go more in depth on the strengths and weaknesses they experience when using eHealth applications. We will also dive into the expectations users have for the future.
- These insights are combined in a final report, expected in the summer of 2020. These results will be shared on our website.
Are you a healthcare provider (doctor, pharmacist, nurse, nursing auxiliary) or patient and would you like to participate in an interactive group discussion on this subject? In this case, we invite you to register here.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or additional comments, you can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
eHealthMonitor is carried out by imec upon request from the Inami and in collaboration with the Public Health FPS and the federal and local authorities.