Opportunity Recognition Workshops
- Three-day workshops to develop your entrepreneurial skills
- Use of creative-thinking techniques to explore the potential of your research projects
- Designed for researchers and PhD students who want to broaden their horizons
Understanding the full potential of your research – from a scientific, a societal and a business point of view – is crucial to pushing your results forward.
Designed for researchers from doctoral schools and Strategic Research Institutes and PhD students, the imec’s Opportunity Recognition Workshops will arm participants with a set of skills and competences which will allow them to better explore their research potential and thus broaden the focus and the applicability of their projects to more business-oriented goals.
Imec’s three-day workshops are led by renowned experts and coaches who will teach participants to look at their research from various strategic angles and recognize its underlying business opportunities. Armed with a new mindset, participating researchers will be able to use their know-how to identify innovative solutions with a real economic and societal impact.
- Pre-class online learning environment with theoretical training (to be accessed three weeks before the workshop)
- Three-day workshop with hands-on coaching, peer learning & review, and practice of creative-thinking techniques
- ½ day of individual coaching (optional)
The confidentiality of the research will be guaranteed. External teaching staff or coaches will sign the NDA’s proposed by the tech transfer units of the participating universities or the Strategic Research Center.