PCB/PBA design & manufacturing
As part of our aggregation services, we also offer consulting and tools for Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and Printed Board Assembly (PBA) design and manufacturing.
The center for Electronics Design and Manufacturing (cEDM):
Better Electronics at Reduced Cost through Science Based Methods.
The center’s goal is to support the industry in the development of high quality, reliable and cost-effective electronic assemblies by means of knowledge creation and sharing, scientifically sound methodologies and collaboration throughout the electronic supply chain.
Our core business: industrial and scientific knowledge on industrially available interconnection and component technologies, design, qualification, industrialization, manufacturing and operational reliability:
- Component packaging
- Electronic substrates
- Electronic Assembly Technology & Reliability
- Chip – Package – Board – System – Environment Interaction
- Product and system integration
- Electronic assembly design-for-eXcellence guidelines: manufacturability, reliability, test, cost, etc.
- Customer oriented training
- Workshops that bring science to electronic product development
- Development tools, checklists, calculators: for all aspects of electronic assembly design and manufacturing
- Consultancy services like technology evaluation, hardware failure analysis, thermal and thermo-mechanical simulation etc.
- Electronic substrate and assembly development and industrialization services
- cEDM partner & member program providing easy access to science based Electronic Assembly development know-how and early involvement in product development improvement projects
- The cEDM network provides ample opportunity for technical networking and collaboration, spanning the total electronic supply chain
For more information, please visit our EDM website.
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
Senior Analog and RF IC Designer
Design key analog, mixed signal, RF and/or millimeter-wave functional blocks for future radar and communication System on chips
Senior Photonics IC Engineer
Develop new business opportunities and ecosystem partners
Hardware Design Engineer
You translate customer requirements into system requirements and system architecture.
Senior Researcher/Project Leader Mobile Low-Power Electronics
You contribute to the development of tomorrow’s flexible displays, imagers and biomedical applications.More job opportunities