Imec develops technology for tiny microchips made of plastics. This new technology provides a platform for simple plastic electronics that can be manufactured in very large volumes and at low cost and is thus very well-suited for IoT applications.
Imec’s technology is compatible with established production facilities in thin-film transistor industry. Our global value chain of partners can handle the manufacturing of new devices in foundry mode, a production method similar to that of silicon CMOS.
Imec develops an advanced indium-gallium-zinc-oxide technology with self-aligned transistor architecture (IGZO SAL TFT) that delivers state-of-the-art performance for thin-film microchips on plastics in terms of cut-off frequency, power consumption and reliability. Our technology enables digital and analog applications such as wireless tags, microprocessors and sensor interfaces.
Imec also develops a portfolio of standard cell libraries (high-speed, high-robustness, low-power) and ready-to-use IC design blocks to enable IGZO SAL TFT technology for system-on-chip designs. Our pilot line facility for sheet-to-sheet manufacturing (Gen1, 32x35 cm2) is an ideal platform for prototyping and optimization prior to volume scaling.
Available and developing IC design blocks:
- Design platform for IC design in IGZO TFT technology
- Wireless ICs
- 12-bit RFID
- NFC (ISO 14443-A barcode)
- Capacitive identification tags
- Analog ICs
- ADC (up to 6-bit)
- Plastic microprocessor
- Laser-programmable memory (LPROM)
How can we help you?
Some examples of what we have done
What can we do for you?
- Technology transfer of advanced IGZO TFT process
- Assistance on IC design and component development in TFT technologies
- Access to IC design library via licensing
- Provide prototyping and low-volume manufacturing
- Access to industrial network for volume manufacturing
- Benchmark and demonstration of new materials in TFT IC applications
- Specialized technical trainings to develop skills for your engineers
Why work with us?
- Advanced IGZO self-aligned (SAL) thin-film transistor (TFT) technology
- World-leading track record in thin-film transistor IC design
- IC design library
- Pilot line for prototyping
- Comprehensive know-how for the benchmarking of new materials and processes
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
PhD position – Speech & Audio Processing
Within the context of several national and international projects on speech and audio processing conducted at IDLab (http://www.ugent.be/ea/idlab/), we are looking for several junior researchers that will work on various aspects of speech and audio processing.
Memory System Architect
Senior Business Development Manager
Managing our strategic partners in the semiconductor Equipment & Material Industry.
Purchase & Warehouse Manager
Als motiverende people manager Purchase & Warehouse heb je een duidelijke visie op het verhogen van de efficiëntie van het aankoopbeleid alsook de werking binnen ons warehouse.More job opportunities