Ghent University and imec are in the process of expanding their offer with regard to experimental setups. These new setups offer an experimentation playground in a residential environment (Homelab), office environment (Officelab), soccer stadium (Ghelamco Arena) and outdoor urban environment (City of Things). Current and future ICT solutions that are used in these environments can be developed, evaluated and demonstrated in a real-life setting. The offer goes beyond what current, similar initiatives offer in that from a technological point of view, it will enable multi-technology, multi-standard experiments in an easy manner. A software platform called DYAMAND (DYnamic, Adaptive MAnagement of Networks and Devices) is being developed to support these activities.
- Gather and collect in-depth knowledge on the state-of-the-art IoT technologies for a wide range of application domains;
- Develop functional prototypes based on IoT technologies to be incorporated in the existing in-house developed DYAMAND platform;
- Develop demonstrators based on requirements defined in close collaboration with other developers, potential users and industry partners;
- Contribute to the code base of interoperability platform DYAMAND working in an experienced development team;
- Work in close collaboration with an enthusiastic team of developers and researchers
- Work with the most recent state-of-the-art and with emerging IoT technologies in (inter)national research projects;
Be challenged to be a pro-active planner and work autonomously to meet deadlines;
- MSc in computer science or informatics;
- Interested in new and emerging technologies;
- Analytical thinker, well-organized and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks;
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow;
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences;
- Proven experience in software development (e.g. student projects, master thesis, work experience in software development);
- Experience in Java, experience in OSGi is a plus
- Affinity with other programming language is a plus
- Affinity with (or interest in) software quality including but not limited to software testing, continuous integration and deployment is a major plus
We offer a very challenging, full-time position in an inspiring, flexible and very dynamic environment. You will join a young and enthusiastic team of developers, researchers, post-docs and professors. You will receive a competitive salary. This full-time position is available immediately.
Candidates should send their CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.