Academic Relations Manager
What you will do
- You build a network of strategic relations with universities and research institutes at regional, national and international level within the different research domains of imec.
- Together with the technical units, you will develop a long-term strategy focused on the collaboration between imec and universities/research institutes that fit within the research roadmap of imec. You do not only define topics that to be worked on right away, but you also work proactively by identifying potentially interesting future topics.
- You negotiate and draw up cooperation agreements tailored to the intended collaboration.
- You will work closely with the legal department and the intellectual property department.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in (applied) sciences.
- You have experience in setting-up collaborations with universities/research institutes.
- Knowledge of legal / contracts / IP is a plus.
- You are fluent in communication and making contacts.
- You like to work in a team.
- You can process a lot of information in a short time and you convince with arguments.
- Working independently and efficiently is your second nature.
- You speak fluent English and Dutch.
- You are willing to visit international universities.