Who we are
Swave Photonics is a fabless semiconductor company that designs and markets holographic chips based on proprietary diffractive photonics technology.
Our mission is to enable display manufacturers and content creators to disrupt the visualization market with immersive ultra-high resolution, life-like, true holographic displays.
With the Swave team you will create a new world where holographic displays give everyone the power to visualize the impossible, collaborate and accomplish more.
What you will do
- Key contributor applying her/his expert knowledge in design and development of custom optical systems for display and VR/AR prototypes
- Responsible for simulating, designing and specifying custom optical trains, sub-assemblies as well as custom conventional and freeform optical elements.
- Responsible for developing, assembling and testing optical sub-systems for our demonstrators, prototypes and products.
- Using your expertise in optics (and ideally diffractive optics) to identify and explore additional high-value targets for our development.
- Expert team member working in close collaboration with the systems, photonics and algorithms teams.
- Report to the VP Global Products and Systems
Who you are
- Master / PhD in Physics or EE, preferably Optics
- Expert knowledge of conventional and preferably also diffractive optical systems
- 5+ years experience designing state of the art optical sub-assemblies, preferably in the domain of human visualization
- Proven experience working with Zeemax and/or LightTrans is a must
- Experience building complex technology demonstrators is a strong plus
- Hand-on, pragmatic approach to solving complex challenges is a strong plus
- Capability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
Location: Leuven, Belgium. Some remote work is possible.
For more information or application, please contact email@example.com.