Researcher AI Expert & system for smart buildings
What you will do
You will use your knowledge about artificial intelligence to take the lead in the research & development of the next generation smart building solutions. Your focus will be on developing an innovative architecture combining the achievements from imec technology research (radar, radio and neuromorphic IC’s, sensors and algorithms) with state-of-art commercial components. You are designing an architecture that combines AI with embedded sensor prototypes and cloud-based solutions. First you will collect the requirements from the various stakeholders. Subsequently you will start to design the architecture and subsequently you build the AI application prototypes. This in collaboration with sensor experts, other AI algorithm experts and a team of embedded hard and software engineers. In this position you will:
- Conduct research at the intersection of AI, ML and data science, together with a team of sensor experts, to create autonomous decisions that support people in their natural -or built- environment.
- Generate patents and high impact publications.
- Collaborate with experts on combining radar, air quality and other sensors to make intelligent observations and autonomous closed-loop applications.
- Design an AI architecture for indoor use of such an application.
- Take the lead in implementing the above architectures together with a team of software (and hardware) engineers.
- Work together with various experts in their field to improve and innovate smart building applications using neural networks and other computational methods.
- Make system trade-offs for best performance at minimal cost, while keeping an eye on maintainability and re-usability.
- Give input for requirements on new embedded architectures (both HW and SW) for our new Imec IC’s.
- Result driven, and with a tremendous drive to make a difference.
What we do for you
By joining the IoT team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you can work on systems that make our sensors smarter and combine them in smart building applications. We drive the Internet of Things (IoT) by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- Expert in AI and Signal processing with a focus on research.
- Strong knowledge in the field of AI/ML/DNN algorithms.
- Experience in computational algorithms for complex multisensory architectures.
- MSc or PhD degree in AI, human-machine interaction, computer science, mathematics, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in AI and computational algorithms.
- 2+ Years of experience in signal processing.
- Experience in programming embedded applications or cloud solutions is a plus.
- Proven can-do attitude, coming up with practical working solutions is a must.
- Broader interest and experience with hardware is a plus.
- Good communication skills in English.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563