Alexandria.Works helps medium to large enterprises to make better use of the ‘collective memory’ within their organization. This information is usually difficult to access and hidden away within the thousands of documents created year over year. Our main product is an innovative Search Engine that approaches written texts completely different than classic search bots. Multiple tests comparing the two approaches always pointed to our approach as the better solution. We are a band of easy-going, enthusiastic people working hard at growing our company. We believe you can help us. If you have an interest in NLP, if you are interested in learning and applying the newest technologies to build a top-of-the-notch SaaS application and want to work in an environment where you can really make a difference, don’t hesitate to contact us now! We don’t expect you to know everything already, as long as you show willingness and capability to learn, you already have a great shot at joining our forces. More concretely, we are looking for a junior (recently graduated) or medior (2 to 3 years of experience) full-stack developer that is willing to stick out his neck to help us take our NLP platform to the next level, and with it, our organization.
Software Engineer / NLP Enthusiast
In this position, you will work closely with your colleagues in the dev team to focus on the following:
- adding features to our SaaS platform (front- and back-end);
- participating in the DevOps processes (automating deployments, making sure the platform is monitored, …);
- developing/extending state-of-the-art NLP algorithms and innovative solutions for our customers;
- making sure our solution scales to terabytes of data with sub-second response times.
You have at least a bachelor’s in computer science, engineering or a related field and are well aware that the sum of a team is bigger than the sum of its parts. You play nicely together with other people, though you’re able to work independently as well, reaching out for help when needed. You have no problem communicating in English and working in an international team.
Experience with one or more of the following technologies gives you an edge, but is far from required:
- Python / Flask
- SQL / PostgreSQL / Redis
- Docker / Kubernetes 2
- Spark / Azure Databricks
- Other Azure services such as Blob Storage, Queue Storage, Key Vault, …
In return, we offer:
- a unique opportunity to work in a small start-up, ready to shoot for the stars;
- the possibility to really make a difference in the company growth, the solution we build and the lives of our customers;
- a group of smart and motivated people to work with, all of which are eager to learn from each other and that don’t forget what it means to have fun;
- a flexible work environment with the possibility to work from home;
- an open and transparent culture where we value everybody’s input;
- an awesome office with view on the Antwerp’s most famous river and skyline;
- a market compliant salary and benefits.
Are you interested?
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are looking forward to your reaction.
Job posted: 25/05/2020