Algorithm Engineer (Python)
What you will do
We are looking for an Algorithm Engineer at our OnePlanet Research Center in Wageningen and Nijmegen,
Netherlands. You will work in a diverse and multidisciplinary team of
electronic, environmental, biomedical, biochemical, and system engineers, as
well as with data scientists, chemists, and biologists, developing digital
solutions for precision agriculture. Your main responsibilities involve:
- Hands on programming in Python.
- Translating input and knowledge from domain experts (Plant, environment experts) into algorithms and code to be used in a production setting.
- Use of design patterns and suitable data structures.
- Building, testing, and maintaining data pipelines on our cloud infrastructure (Azure) to collect, store and process data from sensors, remote systems, and other open-source systems/databases.
- Develop, test, and deploy machine learning pipelines in our cloud environment (Azure).
- Collect, clean, and curate existing and new datasets. Implement methods to provide clean and easy access to data scientists, researchers, and engineers.
- Developing and deploying prototype applications, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Building, testing, and maintaining (Git) repositories of efficient, reusable, and reliable code. Properly document the systems being built so that these can be easily used by data scientists and other engineers in OnePlanet.
- Promoting and coaching appropriate software engineering techniques and practices among OnePlanet’s scientific developers to further grow our code base.
- Optimizing algorithms to tackle computational constraints.
- Actively advise and take part in the experimental design and execution of studies and data collection campaigns aimed at validating models. Improve digital data pipelines and overall project chain in collaboration with the team.
- Regularly communicate both the achievements and the challenges you face to the team, receiving and providing feedback.
- Proactively prepare and publish selected OnePlanet’s research in scientific journals and conferences.
What we do for you
We offer an energetic and international
environment at the forefront of technology, in a network of renowned industrial
customers. This is your opportunity to bring innovative technologies to the
market and to make an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement
between imec, Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, and
Radboudumc. Imec Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an
attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid
pension plan and flexible working hours. We value and support diversity.
Furthermore, imec NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
By joining OnePlanet, you will be part of a team of world changers,
disruptive innovators, and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will make an
impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for an Algorithm Engineer with
the following experience, skills, and background:
- Must have a MSc degree with ≥2 years of experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, or related fields.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Solid experience with Python.
- Experience with Git for version control and for developing reusable code.
- Able to deal with ambiguity in an uncertain research process. You see change as an opportunity to learn and grow, and you adapt the research course considering boundary conditions and resources at hand.
- Hands-on attitude, which means you take initiative, think proactively, have a flexible attitude, and enjoy solving problems.
- Team player with effective communication skills and the ability to give quality feedback.
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
These additional skills and experiences are
considered as nice-to-haves:
- Affinity for data and scientific programming.
- Knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented programming, and common coding styles.
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning concepts.
- Experience with CLI, bash, PowerShell.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and methods for validating and evaluating machine learning applications.
- Interest in open and indoor farming systems, and in agriculture and food production in general.
Does this position sound like an interesting next step in your career at imec? Don’t hesitate to submit your application by clicking on ‘APPLY NOW’.
Have questions about the job and the recruitment process? Please contact Mayuri Nalawade, Talent Acquisition
Specialist. She will be happy to
assist you. You can reach her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full
resume, and include a motivation letter.