Are you a creative and passionate Data Scientist, looking for an opportunity and a challenge? If you are a team player who strives for engineering and technical excellence and enjoys in bringing innovation in a fast-paced environment, we have a perfect job for you! We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in Belgium!
Our customers utilise Ambassify in various different ways, and their communities utilise the different features in the platform in even more varied ways! We want you to help us understand all of the data this generates, and develop algorithms that help us predict different behavioural patterns, that will help us make more informed decisions based on your findings!
Essential skills we're looking for
- A degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or comparable field
- Experience with software engineering and system design techniques (requirements analysis, design, modularity, version control, testing, documentation)
- You have strong computer science knowledge that includes data structures, algorithms, computer architecture and have knowledge and experience in relational and non-relational data stores
- You are able to manage and analyse large data sets with analytic rigor by using the usual toolset of statistical and machine-learning methods
- You have a good understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms and strategies for data processing, data/text mining and artificial intelligence and are able to implement them in a business context
Skill set (nice-to-have)
- Fluent in English
- You're creative in coming up with solutions to complex issues
- You are familiar with the standard data science stack like Python, Scikit-learn, H2O.ai, Spark ML
- Knowledge of other tools like Tensorflow and Keras is a plus
- You have hands-on experience with AWS as a cloud platform
You'll join a motivated team that is driving exceptional growth across international markets, whilst having fun at the same time! We're a company that gives our employees room to grow, rewards creativity, flexible hours/you can work from home occasionally if you need to, and encourages you to challenge the status quo (not the band). As well as all of this, we also offer:
- Full-time job with a competitive salary
- A vibrant environment in a traffic-free zone: coworking space @ Paal/Beringen (close to E313) or alternatively our office in Gent
- The opportunity to work with international brands: KPMG, Nvidia, Barco, KBC, Bayer, Sodexo, Toyota...
- Full tech stack of all the tools you'll need to kick ass
- Lots of coffee (and every now and then we grab some beers)
Job posted: 07/04/2020
Office: Paal/Beringen or Ghent