Analog Design Engineer Image Sensor
What you will do
Imec enjoys a world-class reputation in integrated circuit and system design and in IC-process-technology development. Combining these skills, imec’s Imager SoC group develops specialty image sensors using its own proprietary technology. Within imec’s “Semiconductor Technology and Systems” unit, our group’s research activities focus on the development of specialty CMOS-based image sensors based on our proprietary and unique wafer technologies for imaging. The development of these image sensors is beyond state of the art and these image sensors will be integrated into tomorrow’s biomedical, pharmaceutical and industrial imaging applications.
You will belong to Imec’s wide and famous analog design team of which the Imager SoC group is a part.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- design high-end electronic circuits for CMOS image sensors with challenging specifications from transistor level upwards (e.g. ADCs, high speed drivers, high speed serializers, clock generation circuits, biasing and reference circuits...);
- understand and be able to link your work to the specifications and restrictions of the blocks or sub-system at higher abstraction level.
- And/Or Top-down:
- master the procedures and tools to compile larger blocks of an IC in layout, in simulation (mixed-mode) and in verification;
- master specification budgets of larger building blocks and sub-systems.
- Supervise and verify layout and make layout yourself (of critical blocks or at critical timeline).
- Evaluate the sensor building blocks in our lab: define the measurements, specify the measurement hardware and build/use the measurement SW for semi-automatic measurements and data analysis.
- Participate to the writing of technical publications or patents as main or as co-author.
- Collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary (pixel) design and technology teams.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Analog IC Electronics or an MSc degree and at least 5 years of experience.
- Excellent insight in analog circuit design is an absolute must, preferably in on-chip signal processing by high-performance ADC’s, high speed serializers, clock generation circuits etc.
- You are knowledgeable on Cadence design flows and Calibre tools.
- You know and like to measure in the lab.
- You are disciplined and accurate in your work.
- You clearly and openly report on the progress of your work and situate it in the context of the project.
- You are a good team player, able to pursue and find compromise.
- You have a natural desire to analyze and solve problems and you are self-critical.
- You are result-driven and you can set and respect deadlines.
- You express yourself fluently in English.