University of Antwerp – imec IDLab Research group
The Internet & Data Lab (IDLab) is an imec research group at the University of Antwerp and Ghent University. IDLab focuses its research on internet technologies and data science. IDLab is a joint research initiative between Ghent University and the University of Antwerp. Bringing together 300 internet experts, we develop technologies outperforming current solutions for communication subsystems, high speed and low power networking, distributed computing and multimedia processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and web semantics. Within Antwerp, the overall IDLab research areas are machine learning and wireless networking. IDLab has a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations.
IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centers from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SME’s, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
What you will do
As an AI innovation manager, you will build partnerships with the R&D departments and managers of both national and international partners. You act in the innovation team with other innovation managers, each with their own area of expertise. You do this in the domain of machine learning with a specific focus on industry 4.0, logistics & mobility.
This entitles the following aspects:
- You build trusted relationships with the Flemish and international eco-system and maintaining them with a strong focus on artificial intelligence in general and machine learning, specifically.
- You capture the overall industrial needs and are able to link them to the overall IDLab research strategy and activities.
- You follow up on collaboration opportunities and bring them to a success: you set up both national and international strategic collaborations with industry and international research centers.
- In consensus with the scientific leads, you are responsible for initiating new initiatives, which have potential for new promising industry collaborations.
- You coordinate the interaction with the business development team, contract legal and IP divisions of both the university and imec.
- You are responsible for awareness creation, opportunity recognition and portfolio management related to patents and spin-offs.
Who you are
- You have proven experience in business development and/or innovation management. Experience with public-private partnerships is definitely a plus.
- You have the analytical mindset and the technical background to ask the right questions and spot research opportunities in the domain of artificial intelligence.
- You are able to bridge the gap between customer needs and technical solutions in the domain of machine learning. You have the required technical knowledge about machine learning to make this link. Experience and a network in the application domains of industry 4.0, logistics & mobility is a plus.
- You are able to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives, technical and non-technical projects teams and colleagues.
- You are a team player who is able to motivate people to jointly strive for a common goal.
For more information contact Hanne Everts – email@example.com.