Artificial Intelligence Project Manager
University Antwerp - Research group IDLab Antwerp
The Internet & Data Lab (IDLab) is an imec research group at the University of Antwerp and Ghent University. IDLab focuses its research on internet technologies and data science. IDLab is a joint research initiative between Ghent University and the University of Antwerp. Bringing together 300 internet experts, we develop technologies outperforming current solutions for communication subsystems, high speed and low power networking, distributed computing and multimedia processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and web semantics. Within Antwerp, where you will work, the overall IDLab research areas are machine learning and wireless networking. IDLab has a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations.
IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centres from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SME’s, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
What you will do
- You will help in setting up and managing, mostly applied, AI-projects with multiple partners involved, with a strong focus on domains such as industry 4.0, logistics & mobility, sports, climate and sustainability.
- You are able to translate the technical requirements of partners to technical challenges, and – together with researchers – define clear methodologies for addressing them.
- You follow up on progress within research projects and are able to communicate the work and the findings in reports and/or presentations to internal and external stakeholders. If needed, you are able to adapt the work or the focus where needed.
- You will make sure that the results and research can be integrated into a real setup or demonstrator towards other stakeholders or interested parties
- You will work together with the other managers in teams and share our high ambitions.
- You will participate in research projects, mostly in collaboration with industry, on a national and international level.
- You can also be involved in the technical project execution, if interested, in parallel to the project management.
- You have an affinity with research driven projects.
Who you are
- You have, preferable, a PhD degree, preferable in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or equivalent expertise in AI research
- You have a general background in Artificial intelligence and hands-on experience with machine learning projects.
- You have knowledge/experience with managing and supervising team members
- You consider yourself a machine learning expert. When someone asks: “Tensorflow or PyTorch?”, you feel the urge to jump into the discussion.
- You are able to explain the challenges of machine learning to a broad non-technical audience but also enjoy going really techy.
- You have experience with deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Having experience with participating in national and/or international research projects is an advantage.
- You are a proactive problem solver and a team player with strong communication skills.
- You take ownership of your work.
- Your English is fluent, both speaking and writing.
Applications sent to us via email will not be considered.
More information about the research topic: email@example.com
More HR-related/administrative information: firstname.lastname@example.org