ASIC Architect/Project Manager for Far Backend Engagement at imec.IC-link (US)
Imec.IC-link helps start-ups, SMEs and established OEMs as well as universities realize their ideas in silicon by providing low-cost prototyping, volume production and system integration of electronic assemblies.
Our world class industrial service experts in nanoelectronics offer tailored support across the entire IC value chain, from idea to mass production, and collaborate with leading partners in the semiconductor ecosystem. Our highly experienced ASIC development team realizes over 600 successful tape-outs per year across a variety of technologies (CMOS, GaN-on-SOI, Si-Photonics).
Imec.IC-link is part of the nanoelectronics R&D center imec, with headquarters in Leuven, Belgium and is a TSMC value chain aggregator for Europe, North America, Russia, Brazil and India.
What you will do
- Be imec’s technical face to the customer regarding ASIC projects in need of advanced packaging/assembly, test and qualification services.
- Be the Technical support of the Business Development Managers in North America to engage with our customers, provide proposals and win Full-Turnkey ASIC projects.
- During the engagement period, you will collect information together with Business Development Managers, understand customer needs and provide a best solution to meet the customer’s technical requirements, cost expectation and the project deliverables.
You will generate the technical part of the proposal with cost input and deliverables from the technical teams and forward it to the Business Development Managers to complete the business part of the proposal. This means you will be in close collaboration with several service domains (Design, Tape-out, Manufacturing,
- Packaging, Test, Supply chain...) within imec IC-link.
You will assist our Business Development Managers to explain technical details of the proposal, present technical capabilities of our HQ team and promote technical offerings to the customers.
- Keep the HQ technical support team informed about the status of the prospected and running projects.
- If needed, you will continue to manage, direct and execute major ASIC product development projects. You will be responsible for the New Product Introduction and
- Project Management including planning and taking care of all the required deliverables, working closely with several service domains (Design, Manufacturing,
- Packaging, Test ...) within imec IC-link.
- The follow-up of the design and tape-out activities, together with the tape-out engineers
- Definition of the package for the assembly of the Asic with the assembly engineers
- Definition of the test solution together with the test engineers
- Setting up the electrical and radiation ASIC test solution (dependent on the project) with external test houses
- Production release for volume production
- Proposing cost improvement plans such as yield improvement plans, multi-site test solution and different packaging options together with the customer and the assembly house
- Following up the budget of the projects
- Working according to the applicable procedures
- Openly share experiences with colleagues.
- Know when and how to tap into the already available knowledge in imec..
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master’s degree in Electronics, preferably with 5-10 years of relevant experience in package design, Far Backend operations, pre-project support and project management.
- Extensive knowledge of Packaging, test, assembly and qualification in semiconductor manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge on Automatic test Equipment and latest assembly techniques are a must.
- Technical knowledge of the MIL STD for automotive, space, medical and industrial ASIC qualification flows.
- You are pro-active and customer focused, like to take initiative and you are very motivated to work within a team of engineers.
- A preferably large, personal network in the North America semiconductor industry.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, problem solver and “always improving” mentality.
- Excellent communicator with good presentation skills, and ability to work with varied audiences and international culture, community.
- Fluent in English. Other languages are an asset.
- Familiar with project management and project management tools is a plus.
- You enjoy annual visit to imec’s headquarters in Belgium and other national travels if needed.