ASIC Product Engineer
What you will do
For more than 25 years, imec has been offering a prototype and production service to worldwide companies. Imec helps the customers to design their integrated circuits (chips) and bring them from the prototype to the production phase. Imec provides specialized technical advice and services on design level, assembly and test. Our list of customers includes more than 900 universities and companies worldwide. For the further extension of these imec services, we are looking for a highly motivated engineer.
Imec IC-link, as part of imec, has an extensive industrial experience, contacts with leading industrial foundries, and long-standing relationships with all the main EDA tool vendors and IP providers. This unit supports worldwide customers in the layout, prototype, fabrication and test of advanced electronic products.
As ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) Product Engineer within imec IC-link, you will be part of a team composed by test engineers, production engineers, assembly & packaging engineers, supply chain and project managers. You will be responsible for the support of existing ASIC products in production and their related technical changes. You will work together with the other imec teams and the external subco’s to take a technical challenge from problem identification to final solutions. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring initiative, originality and excellent problem-solving skills.
The various tasks include but are not limited to:
- Make the product sustainable by working on yield and test issues
- Develop and validate changes related to the process, supplier, acceptance criteria, ...
- Improve overall product quality and drive to zero customer returns
- Drive failure analysis investigations and troubleshoot issues.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master’s degree in Electronics, preferably with 8+ years of relevant experience in product & test engineering.
- Good knowledge of digital and analog electronics and a very good knowledge of statistical analysis, 6 sigma methodology.
- Experience with programming languages, by preference Python, C++.
- Knowledge of the MIL STD for automotive, space, medical and industrial ASIC qualification flows is a MUST.
- Able to learn the details of complex ASIC test specs.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills (English is the working language).
- Problem solving skills, risk-based decision-making skills.
- Flexible to travel (1 week/month).