ASIC Product Engineer
What you will do
As a Product Engineer, you will be part of a team composed by test engineers, production engineers, assembly & packaging engineers, supply chain and project managers. You will be responsible for the support of existing ASIC products in production and their related technical changes. You will work together with the other imec teams and the external subco’s to take a technical challenge from problem identification to final solution. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring initiative, originality and excellent problem-solving skills.
The various tasks include but are not limited to:
- Make the product sustainable by working on yield and test issues
- Develop and validate changes related to the process, supplier, acceptance criteria, ...
- Improve overall product quality and drive to zero customer returns
- Drive failure analysis investigations and troubleshoot issues.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree (preferable in Electronics) and 2-10 years of relevant experience.
- You have good basic knowledge of digital and analogue electronics and very good knowledge of Statistical analysis, 6 sigma methodology.
- You have experience with programming languages, by preference Python, C++.
- You look forward to learning the details of complex ASIC test specs.
- You have good organizational skills and can work well under pressure.
- You have good communication skills (English is the working language).
- You have an eye for detail and are accuracy driven.
- You have good problem-solving skills and risk-based decision-making skills.