ASIC Solutions Business Development Manager
Imec.IC-link is the ASIC Services division of imec. Imec IC-link helps its customers to design and manufacture ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) solutions with technologies provided by leading chip foundries. Imec is a qualified TSMC VCA partner and offers state-of-the-art design and fabrication services to fabless companies and system houses. In order to strengthen our position in North America, we are presently looking for a Business Development Manager with a strong background in IC design.
What you will do
As an ASIC Solutions Business Development Manager within imec IC-link, you are driving business development , of major ASIC product development projects with existing and new to acquire customers.
And also, you are enaged with the customer and the team in Leuven to support the execution of the design phase of the project you acquired.
Your prime task is to win ASIC projects that include design, tape-out, industrialization and mass production. Due to your strong background in design you are able to interact with our internal design team as well as with our design service providers to support the customer’s needs also during the project phase. Based on the specification of the customer you will work closely with several service domains (Design, Manufacturing, Packaging, Test, Finance, Management...) within imec.IC-link and the ecosystem of design and IP houses to secure and support customer projects. You are able to understand a requirement or spec-in request and can – with the support of the design team/partner - translate it into an ASIC development project by defining IP needs, selecting technology node, specifying the necessary domain specific design resources, and estimating the timeline and pricing.
Together with internal and external design experts in our design ecosystem, you are capable of generating a Statement of Work and a quotation for the design activity and go through the technical and business negotiation phase with the customer to win the business.You will monitor together with the team in Leuven the success of the different phases of the customer’s project.
You will be the main commercial contact person to the customer throughout the project.
You will be responsible for:
- Finding new customers and acquiring and managing a portfolio of customers for ASIC Services.
- Partnering closely with other IMEC business development managers to support them with design related opportunities, to engage new customers, and secure design-wins to expand market share / customer base.
- Managing and supporting business development activities driving design related aspects of customer engagement.
- Building and extending relationships within our design and IP partner network.
- Local project management support and execution follow up.
What we do for you
For more than 35 years, imec has been offering a prototype and production service to worldwide companies. Imec helps the customers to design their integrated circuits (chips) and bring them from the prototype to the production phase. Imec provides specialized technical advice and services on design level, assembly and test.
Imec IC-link, as part of imec, has an extensive industrial experience, contacts with leading industrial foundries, and long-standing relationships with all the main EDA tool vendors and IP providers. This unit supports worldwide customers in the layout, prototype, fabrication and test of advanced electronic products.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are appreciated. In return, imec offers an attractive and competitive salary and benefit offering including medical, dental, and 401k with a company match.
Who you are
- You possess a Masters in (micro) electronics engineering or related fields combined with strong interest in semiconductor technology.
- You must have at least 5 years’ experience in ASIC business development, and have had built a strong network in this field.
- You have worked as an ASIC designer for at least five years of your previous career.
- You are self-motivated, pro-active and take initiative.
- You possess distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment. You are able to think outside the box and propose creative solutions to potential customers.
- You have outstanding presentation, written and verbal communication, engagement and interpersonal skills.
- You are a self-starter who can form insights, drive strategic vision and execute across geographic and organizational boundaries.
- You feel comfortable engaging with executive-level customers, imec’s executives, and other decision makers.
- You can influence stakeholders and business partners at all levels without organizational authority.
- You have a passion for technology, innovation and a willingness to surpass expectations and delivering a surprising and delightful result to all stakeholders.
- You are or can be established to support the respective region of this position.
- You have the ability to work and travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Having a strong understanding of nanoelectronics and semiconductor technology R&D and how this brings value to other industries is a strong pro.
- You are eligible to work in the US.