Assembly Engineer (temporary assignment)
As assembly engineer for SIP packaging within imec IC-link, you act as the technical support interface between our international customers and the different assembly houses. You take up responsibility for the full project management.
- Defining the package type with the customer and sub-contractor, technical support between customer and sub-contractor.
- Development of Modules, MCM, substrates for new type of packages together with our subcontractor.
- Manage all package development activities including conceptual design, feasibility study, substrate fabrication, assembly.
- Organizing the flow of the volume production assembly.
- Discussing the potential yield and/or reliability issues, failure analysis, process improvements.
Required knowledge and skills
- You have a Master’s degree (or higher) in Electronics, preferably with 3 to 7years of relevant experience in the areas of assembly.
- Knowledge of assembly manufacturing processes and assembly flow including SMT, die prep, die attach, flip chip, underfilling, wire bonding, molding, singulation and back-end processes.
- Familiar with BGA package substrate technologies.
- Experience in project-based work. You are pro-active and customer focused, like to take initiatives and you are very motivated to work within a team of engineers.
- Excellent communication skills that can enable the candidate to work well with internal cross functional teams and overseas suppliers, A good knowledge of English is mandatory.
Duration of the assignment
Desired start date and work regime
- Beginning of June
- Full time
- imec, Leuven (onsite presence is required)
*For this temporary position, you can apply as a candidate or as an independent consultant. As a candidate, you are willing to work through a temporary employment agency. Consultant agencies that wish to present a candidate should contact Flexforce.
*Voor deze tijdelijke positie kan je solliciteren als kandidaat of als zelfstandige consultant. Als kandidaat ben je bereid te werken via een uitzendkantoor. Kantoren die een kandidaat wensen voor te stellen dienen contact op te nemen met Flexforce.