Behavioral Researcher with experience in digital technology – OnePlanet Research Center
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. To let all those people live and eat well, while they take care of our planet, we need groundbreaking, sustainable (technology) solutions. That’s why we, at OnePlanet Research Center, are questioning ourselves:
if we can measure and understand what is good for the world and for each
individual person? In terms of food and agriculture, in terms of health?
What if we can empower people towards more sustainable choices?
What if we can make data-driven nutrition and health possible?
What if we can manage stress to make people more resilient?
What if we can monitor the health of plants and animals?
What if we develop technology which does not adversely affect our environment, but which supports it?
What if we can transform mass production of food into personalized food on demand?
What if …?!
At OnePlanet Research Center we don’t just imagine it. We work on it. We dream ánd do. We research and develop digital technology in food, agriculture and health domains achieving behavior change. Change that is needed to create a healthier future, for our planet and for humanity.
Innovation center for chip and digital technology in food and health
What you will do
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. We use the latest chip and digital technology to create a society in which everyone can live a healthy life and has access to good and sufficient food.
initiate groundbreaking, fundamental and applied research, groundbreaking
innovations and smart product development. This is only possible by using and
bringing together great ideas, innovations and chip and digital technologies
from different disciplines and work closely together with industry.
We ensure that companies, education, researchers, social institutions and citizens work together. We combine specialisms from the fields of agriculture, food and health and turn dreams into feasible solutions that contribute to a more sustainable society.
We need you as a Behavioral Researcher to be part of our interdisciplinary team to:
- Investigate if/how technology, such as AI, persuasion, social influence can help people to change behavior and empower them. For example, measuring and changing the eating behavior by teenagers or elderly people.
- Prepare and execute tests on humans in lab or field environment.
- Investigate the user interaction and acceptance between consumer and technology / AI / wearables. Is the technology used correctly?
- Analyze, report and present results to customers and at various conferences/events.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international
environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of
renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new
technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- MSc or PhD degree in Behavioral Science, (Experimental) Psychology, Social Science or similar.
- Experience and knowledge in behavioral change models and techniques.
- Experience with human testing.
- Up to date knowledge on latest technologies and bringing up the newest research ideas.
- General knowledge about the Agro & Food market and a good understanding of the technological trends and challenges in this segment.
- Knowledge of data-analysis.
- Interested in new technologies and innovations.
- Start-up mentality and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiative, think pro-actively, having a flexible attitude and solving problems.
- Strong communications skills in English.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about
it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent
Acquisition Lead OnePlanet Research Center. You can reach Frank via