Creating sustainable solutions for One Planet
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. How can we make our food production and
supply sustainable to stop depleting the planet from her resources? Are we able to tackle diseases early on and keep ourselves and the planet healthy for the
future to come? Truth be told, we need groundbreaking sustainable technology to deal with these challenges for the planet and humanity. Do you want to create such
technology and build a better future?
Being part of OnePlanet means you will be working in a thrilling enterprising environment that develops mature sustainable technology. It will be about creating impact in a new team of engineers and medical, data and food technologists. In a multidisciplinary team of electronic engineers, biomedical engineers and data scientists, you will work on
innovations that are immediately applied and tested in field labs with our research and industrial partners.
What you will do
We are looking for a (Senior) Bio-Chemical Engineer to expand our OnePlanet team in Wageningen, Gelderland. You will be responsible for setting up a lab environment first to execute the different experimental trials later. You will investigate current products to develop them by using state-of-the-art technology. You will also interact with
customers and suppliers to align on planning, progress, and transfer of results. In this start-up environment you will start very hands-on, but you will have the opportunity to build up and technically lead a mixed team of engineers. Other tasks will include:
- Build a bio-chemical lab environment with the OnePlanet partners.
- Develop and execute experimental trials and experiments.
- Responsible for the execution of OnePlanet sensor research.
- Identifying the appropriate technologies and material selections that lead to new gas and fluidic sensors (applications) able to sense in or on the body and in the environment.
- Design of Experiment (DOE) development and use statistical tools to evaluate the effect of process treatment and optimized procedures.
- Real-life validation of the prototypes, outside the lab environment.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of leading technologies and products in the area of gas and fluidic sensors applications.
- Provide input for new research topics.
What we do for you
We offera challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your
opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Imec-NL, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected Research Institutes/Universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you
will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You have a MSc degree or PhD with preferably 2+ years’ experience in Biochemical Engineering or a similar field like Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Chemistry.
- You have experience with data collection on human subjects (e.g. wearables, medical equipment, biology, nutrition).
- Experience with designing as well as executing experiments and the analysis of large data sets.
- Knowledge of bio compatibility is a plus.
- Besides theoretical knowledge of human physiology or behavioral science, you also have applied it in the field.
- You have solid and working knowledge of Python and preferably knowledge of MATLAB.
- Your communication skills in English (written and spoken) are excellent.
- You are able to deal with ambiguity and see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You are a quick learner interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiatives, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible attitude and solving problems on a daily base.
- You have always been interested in topics like nutrition, biology, neurology, etc.
InterestedAre you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Senior Corporate Recruiter for OnePlanet. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563.