Biomedical Algorithm Engineer
What you will do
We are looking for a Biomedical Algorithm
Engineer at our OnePlanet Research Center in Wageningen, Netherlands. You
will work in a multidisciplinary team of biomedical engineers, electronic
engineers, bio-chemical engineers, and data scientists creating innovative
Your main responsibilities will
- Development and optimization of signal processing and biomedical algorithms to estimate physiological parameters using novel sensors, devices, and platforms.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable scientific code using good software engineering practices and techniques.
- Deploy algorithms and models to real-time processing applications, both on device and in the cloud.
- Together with your team, plan and divide activities and adjust them according to progress and priorities.
- Identify state of the art, its gaps, and feasible solutions as a basis to develop OnePlanet’s biomedical technologies in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team.
- Discover which technologies can be applied for our experiments/trials on sensors.
- Actively advise and take part in the experimental design and execution of studies and data collection campaigns aimed at developing and validating sensors and algorithms.
- Regularly communicate both the achievements and challenges you face to the team, taking feedback on board and providing feedback to others. Provide input to system improvements in signal quality, algorithm performance, and in the processes employed to collect sensor signals.
- Publish selected OnePlanet’s research in scientific articles and conferences.
What we do for you
We offer an innovative environment at the
forefront of technology where excellence, integrity, connectedness, and passion
are highly valued and promoted. This environment is hosted by an international
network of renowned research and industrial parties. It enables you to research
and develop novel and societal impactful technologies. By joining us, you will
be part of a team of world changers, disruptive
innovators, and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on the
future of our planet and our lives.
OnePlanet Research Center is a
multidisciplinary collaboration partnered by Wageningen
University & Research (WUR), Radboud
University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec NL, as an employer of choice, offers
you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer
paid pension plan, flexible work hours, and hybrid working. Furthermore, imec
NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
Who you are
- Master's degree, plus at least 3 years of experience, in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering or a similar field.
- You have a strong background in signal processing and experience in the development and implementation of biomedical algorithms.
- You have a solid working knowledge of Python. Knowledge of MATLAB is a plus.
- You understand how to evaluate, analyze, and report on the performance of algorithms being developed. You are familiar with bio signals and related sensors (e.g., ACC, Gyro, ECG, PPG, GSR, and BioZ).
- You have experience using Git for version control and for developing reusable code. You are experienced working with CI/CD pipelines.
- You have experience with studies and data collection on human subjects (e.g., wearables, medical equipment, biology, nutrition) is a plus.
- You are familiar with cloud/remote environments and can leverage external resources to host your solutions.
- Collaboration energizes you. You are happy and willing to advise, help, and coach others. You make use of feedback and team power when bumping into obstacles.
- You are a hands-on person, which means you take initiative, think proactively, have a flexible attitude, and enjoy solving problems.
- You have excellent communication skills in English. (written and spoken).
Does this position sound like an interesting next step in your career at imec? Don’t hesitate to submit your application by clicking on ‘APPLY NOW’.
If you have more questions about the job and the recruitment process, you can contact Mayuri Nalawade, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can
reach her by email at email@example.com. She will be happy to assist you. If you
wish to apply, then please submit your full resume, and include a motivation