What you will do
are looking for an experienced Biomedical Algorithm Engineer to
contribute to the technology that will define tomorrow's society. In this start-up
alike environment, you will work in a multidisciplinary team of electronic
engineers, biomedical researchers and data scientists creating innovative
health solutions. Your main work will be in signal processing for the
development, optimization and implementation of biomedical algorithms. Other tasks
- Develop and optimize algorithms to estimate physiological parameters in real-time, using signals from wearable sensors, like Accelero, Gyro, ECG, EEG, EMG, EOG, PPG, GSR, and BioZ.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code using good software engineering techniques.
- Create biomedical models to relate sensor data to physiological parameters.
- Create methods to evaluate and analyze the performance of the developed algorithms.
- Set up and execute data collection campaigns aimed at validating sensors and algorithms.
- Collaborate in an inter-disciplinary team and interact with internal or external customers, requirements and challenges and translate these into specifications and solutions.
- Dive into state-of-the-art technology on biomedical and nutrition applications to explore which technologies can be applied for our experiments/trials on sensors
What we do for you
Imec offers a challenging and international
environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of
renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies
to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Imec, as an employer of choice, offers you an
attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer-paid
pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, we offer you a wide range
of training possibilities via imec.academy.
Innovation center for chip and digital technology in
food, agro and health
Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration between Wageningen
University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. We
use the latest chip and digital technology to create a society in which
everyone can live a healthy life and has access to healthy and sustainable
food. We initiate fundamental and applied research, groundbreaking innovations
and smart product applications.
Who you are
- You hold a PhD with preferably 3+ years’ experience or an MSc degree with 5-7 years of experience in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar field.
- Strong background in biomedical signal processing and experience in the development and implementation of biomedical algorithms is a must.
- Experience with data collection on human subjects (e.g. wearables, medical equipment, biology, nutrition) is preferred.
- You have experience in programming with either Python or MATLAB.
- Experience in contract research, project management and direct interaction with external parties (suppliers and customers) is a big plus.
- Your communication skills in English (written and spoken) are excellent.
- Result oriented and hands-on attitude; which means taking initiative, thinking proactively and having a flexible mindset are attributes that define yourself.
- You can deal with ambiguity and you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You are interested in a broad range of health-related topics such as nutrition, behavior, biology…
Do you want to learn more about it, then you can
connect with Ana Crehuet, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Ana at
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full
resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.