Creating sustainable solutions for OnePlanet
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. How can we make our food production and supply sustainable to stop depleting the planet of her resources? Are we able to tackle diseases early on and keep ourselves and the planet healthy for the future to come? Truth be told, we need groundbreaking sustainable technology to deal with these challenges for the planet and humanity. Do you want to create such technology and build a better future?
Being part of OnePlanet means you will be working in a thrilling enterprising environment that develops mature sustainable technology. It will be about creating impact in a new team of engineers and medical, data and food technologists. In an interdisciplinary team you will work on innovations that are immediately applied and tested in field labs with our research and industrial partners.
What you will do
We are looking for a Biomedical Engineer/Researcher to expand our OnePlanet team in Wageningen, Gelderland. You will investigate technologies which can be used for creating innovative health solutions. Next to research you will perform experimental field-trials with clinical partners.
You will work in a multidisciplinary team of electronic engineers, bio-chemical engineers and data scientists. Other tasks include:
- Dive into state-of-the-art-technology on biomedical applications to discover which technologies can be applied for our experiments/trials on sensors.
- Execute experiments to verify if the chosen concept works.
- Set up and execute data collection campaigns aimed at validating sensors and algorithms.
- Create methods to evaluate and analyze the performance of sensors and algorithms.
- Develop and evaluate algorithms to estimate the physiological parameters in real-time, using signals from wearable sensors, like Accelero, Gyro, ECG, EEG, EMG, EOG, PPG, GSR, and BioZ.Create biomedical models to relate sensor data to physiological parameters.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This
is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Imec-NL, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours.
Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You have a MSc degree or PhD with preferably 2+ years’ experience or BSc with 4+ years’ experience, in Biomedical Engineering or a
- You have experience with data collection on human subjects (e.g. wearables, medical equipment, biology, nutrition).
- Experience with designing and executing experiments and the analysis of large data sets.
- Besides theoretical knowledge of human physiology or behavioral science, you also have applied it in the field.
- You have solid and working knowledge of Python and preferably knowledge of MATLAB.
- Your communication skills in English and Dutch (written and spoken) are excellent.
- You need to be able to deal with ambiguity. You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You are a quick learner interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiative, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible attitude and solving problems.
- You are interested in a broad range of health-related topics such as nutrition, behavior, biology, …
InterestedAre you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Senior Corporate Recruiter OnePlanet. Email: Frank.Wolfs.email@example.com