SmartEnds has just commercially launched its first product BrighterBins and is looking for someone who can help build an international distributor network. The Business Development & Sales Director will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and supporting the sales efforts. Focus markets are Europe and North America. Your will identify resellers and sales channels in these regions to achieve sales targets at scale.
What is BrighterBins?
BrighterBins offers a smart waste management solution for cities and municipalities. The solution reduces the cost of garbage collection from public waste bins by 35%. The estimated the size of this market in Europe and North America is over €8 billion. Enevo, the current market leader in the segment is worth €200 million. Over the last 2 years, we have developed a solution and production method, and we are now ready for distribution and production at scale. Our solution differs from competing solutions in that it (1) is smaller, (2) fits more bins and (3) runs on an open API. BrighterBins focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, and Waste Management. Their company has offices in Ghent. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, BrighterBins has raised $972K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020. You can view their website at https://www.brighterbins.com or find them on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Our status today
- We’ve built a better product in a big and growing market.
- We’ve built the production capacity at scale
- We have proven traction, with 4000 BrighterBins installations in 10 countries.
- Our target sales for 2020 is 10.000 units and for 2021 is 25.000 units.
- We have a strong and committed team investing in the business
- 2 co-founders, 2 junior people in Belgium and a team of 10 technical experts in our offshore Engineering center.
The profile we are looking for
- 7+ years of sales experience
- Experience in creating and building reseller networks
- Ability to setup client proposals and solid financial business cases
- A proven ability to work within a multinational environment with different personalities and people on different hierarchical levels
- Perfect English speaking is required – Dutch, French and other European languages is a big plus.
- Most importantly, a desire to be a “rainmaker” and make big things happen
- You will be part of the management team working with the co-founders at the same level making strategy for the business.
- Partially paid and partially equity earn-in (Note: this means a low salary for year 1)
- A great team to work with on cutting edge technology on a big challenging
- Opportunity to prove business development expertise in international markets.