ASIC Design Business Development Manager
What you will do
Imec IC-link helps customers to design chips and bring them to the prototype and the mass production stage at top chip foundries. Imec is a qualified TSMC VCA partner and offers state-of-the-art prototype and volume fabrication services to fabless companies and system houses. Imec IC-link provides its customers specialized technical solutions for the design of chips, prototyping and mass production.
In order to support the commercial aspects of these projects, we are presently looking for a Business Development Manager.
- You have a good knowledge of the digital and analog ASIC design flows, the effort design tasks take and the parameters influencing the intricacy of the tasks.
- You will build and manage a portfolio of customers in need of ASIC design and other imec.IC-link services.
- Thanks to your knowledge of chip design and cooperating with the IC-link activity leaders, you are able to propose solutions to our customers.
- Collaborating with the other IC-link business managers and the technical team you can advise and promote the most optimal chip technology and design flow for our customers’ application.
- You prepare quotations to customers according to their needs and imecs offer and you negotiate and finalize contracts.
- You will support the activity leaders and project managers to ensure a correct, adequate and efficient execution of projects.
- You regularly provide forecasts for and updates of the business.
- You act as the facilitator and negotiator for solving (technical or non-technical) problems during the project as quickly as possible.
- You advise the management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions.
- You represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, universities, chip foundries and customers meet.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree (preferably in electronics) with strong knowledge in the design and fabrication of chips.
You have preferably worked as an ASIC designer for several years of your previous career. Knowledge of chip design for radiation environments is a plus.
You preferably have minimum 2 years or more experience in sales and/or business development for ASIC design.
Technical knowledge of digital and analog chip design flows and a design-level knowledge of chip fabrication , testing and qualification (CMOS) is a must.
System level design knowledge is an asset.
You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic. You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business related matters. A relevant existing network is a plus.
You can adequately judge risks, problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly flexibly.
You do not mind traveling (1 -2 trips per month), mostly within Europe (EMEA).
You are fluent in English; other languages are an asset.