Business Development Manager Connected Health Solutions
What you will do
Electronic systems are coming closer to the body and in various ways: smart health patches, smart watches, smart shoes and smart glasses will revolutionize the way we live and interact with each other and with the digital world. These systems will also blur the boundaries between medical devices and consumer devices, and will thereby give us tremendous new insights in our health and our wellbeing. Predictive analytics will gradually empower us towards a healthier lifestyle and towards the prevention of disease. At imec we have a track record of more than 15 years of building industry-relevant wearable medical and emerging lifestyle solutions with leading worldwide customers and partners. We are also working on digital phenotyping technologies which range from wearable devices towards AI algorithms for specific domains ranging from stress management to autism and many more.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will build and manage a portfolio of customers for the imec connected health both in new hardware SoC and sensors/systems as in
software algorithms for digital connected health solutions.
- You generate leads within these market segments and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- Thanks to your knowledge of the market and your ability to listen to and understand customer needs you advise and promote to customers the most optimal software solution for their application under consideration, in collaboration with the technical teams at imec.
- You prepare quotations to customers per their needs and you negotiate and finalize contracts.You track progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor customer’s satisfaction.
- You stay in contact with the customer and facilitates the interaction between the customer and the technical teams.You clearly communicate current and future customer needs to the technical teams and their management.
- You work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to create high-value proposals. You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven. You negotiate and finalize contracts with the customer.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to the business director of imec Smart Electronics & Applications unit.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly-motivated person with the following assets:
- You have a Master’s degree (preferably in computer engineering or electronics) with strong business acumen and customer orientation.
- You have general knowledge about the semiconductor market and a good understanding of the medical electronics and
wearable solutions segment.
- You have minimum 3 years or more experience in sales and/or business development preferably in a related segment. You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these techniques and technologies.
- You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and are able to discuss and confer on technical, legal and business-related
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap
Analysis and other sales tools.
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%).Working part of the time in Leuven, Belgium,
because of the cooperation with the other Business Development colleagues and the IP- and Legal team, is not a problem for you.
- You are fluent in English; other European languages are an asset.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting. We strongly encourage you to already discuss your interests with your manager. On the intranet, you can find more information on internal mobility.
If you know someone who could be the right fit for the job click on ’refer’.