Business Development Manager Connectivity
What you will do
Imec develops hardware and software innovation solutions for advanced applications in several domains. Our program line Connectivity is looking for a business development manager that will enable our existing HW designs on 79Ghz automotive radar ICs, 140Ghz radar ICs, spiking neural network digital chips in new domains including mmwave imaging, vital sign monitoring, gesture recognition, person detection/tracking/monitoring and other applications based on our radar technology competencies, including SoC and sensor fusion technologies. On top, as business development manager you will also search for partners in our Bluetooth and UWB proximity & ranging technologies.
As a Business Development Manager Connectivity, your main tasks will be:
- Thanks to your good knowledge of the semiconductor, radar and wireless market, you will build and manage a portfolio of customers for the imec radar technologies both in new hardware radar IC design projects as in software sensor fusion projects.
- You generate leads within these market segments and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- You advise and promote to customers the most optimal software solution for their application under consideration, in collaboration with the technical teams at imec.
- You prepare quotations to customers per their needs and you negotiate and finalize contracts.
- You track progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor customer’s satisfaction.
- You stay in contact with the customer and facilitates the interaction between the customer and the technical teams.
- You clearly communicate current and future customer needs to the technical teams and their management.
- You work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to create high-value proposals. You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven. You negotiate and finalize contracts with the customer.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to head of imec PL Connectivity BD Team.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly-motivated person with the following assets:
- You have a Master’s degree (preferably in computer engineering or electronics) with strong business acumen and customer orientation.
- You have some experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in market making use of radar and/or wireless technologies.
- You have an initial understanding of business models employed in SoC design and software selling.
- You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these techniques and technologies. You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters. A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a plus.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis and other sales tools
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams
- You can talk on technical, legal and business related matters.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%)
- You are fluent in English; other European languages are an asset.