Business Development Manager, Imaging Systems
What you will do
Our ambition is to stay at the forefront of innovation. Being the first line business interface with customers and prospects, you define target markets and potential accounts, based on market knowledge and market intelligence. You generate leads within these market segments and discover opportunities for research collaboration. You work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to create high-value proposals and follow-up this process until closure of a contract.
For this position, you must be willing to be based in the US, ideally commutable to our Kissimmee, Florida location. As a member of the sales organization, you have a dual reporting line, one to imec’s Belgian headquarters and one to the imec US based general manager.
Your knowledge of medical, automotive and consumer imager markets, allows you to build and manage a portfolio of customers for imec image sensor technology R&D.
- Your knowledge of medical, automotive and consumer imager markets, allows you to build and manage a portfolio of customers for imec image sensor technology R&D.
- Prepare proposals to customers according to their needs in collaboration with the technical research team, account management and supporting functions Legal and IP in imec headquarters (Belgium).
- Negotiate and finalize contracts.
- Demonstrate operational excellence, by taking actions, coordinating, communicating, driving and assisting decision processes, all with attention to detail.
- Advise the program management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions on the research roadmap.
- Prepare and execute the yearly Go-To-Market plans for the imaging systems segment.
- Represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As you would expect from a true world player, we offer you an attractive compensation package including: medical, dental and vision, and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Electronics, with strong knowledge in imaging.
- An establish and reliable network in medical, consumer and / or automotive markets.
- 5 years’ experience or more in sales and/or business development for research and development of advanced imaging technology or comparable experience.
- Experience in a technical sales function in a research or advanced development environment is a strong plus.
- Technical knowledge and interest in cutting edge image sensor design and technologies is essential.
- You track the latest evolutions in this field and are capable of benchmarking and validating the value of imec’s solutions versus what is available elsewhere in the market.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You enjoy regular global travel, travel percentage is approximately 20%.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken), very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You are able to extend your internal and external networks and communicate effectively in technical, legal and business related matters.
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.