Business Development Manager IoT
What you will do
Imec develops hardware and software innovation solutions for advanced applications in several domains already mentioned. Our business line IOT is looking for a business developer that will enable our existing HW designs on 79Ghz automotive radar SoCs and 140Ghz radar SoCs in new domains including in-car vital sign monitoring, gesture recognition, person detection/tracking/monitoring and other applications based on our radar technology competencies, including SoC and sensor fusion technologies.
As a Business Development Manager IoT, your main tasks will be:
- You have good knowledge of the semiconductor and wireless market and you will build and manage a portfolio of customers for the imec mm wave radar technologies both in new hardware radar SoC design projects as in software sensor fusion projects.
- You generate leads within these market segments and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- Thanks to your knowledge of the market and your ability to listen to and understand customer needs you advise and promote to customers the most optimal software solution for their application under consideration, in collaboration with the technical teams at imec.
- You prepare quotations to customers per their needs and you negotiate and finalize contracts. You track progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor customer’s satisfaction. You stay in contact with the customer and facilitate the interaction between the customer and the technical teams. You clearly communicate current and future customer needs to the technical teams and their management.
- You work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to create high-value proposals. You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven. You negotiate and finalize contracts with the customer.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to the business director of imec Smart Electronics & Applications unit.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree (preferably in computer engineering or electronics) with strong business acumen and customer orientation.
- You have minimum 3 years or more experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in market making use of radar and/or imaging technologies. You have a deep understanding of business models employed in SoC design and software selling.
- You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these techniques and technologies. You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters. A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a plus.
You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis and other sales tools.
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams.
You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%).
- You are fluent in English; other European languages are an asset.