Business Development Manager Precision Health & Nutrition – OnePlanet Research Center
Innovating towards a healthier future with chip and digital technology in food and health.
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. To let all those people live and eat well, while they take care of our planet, we need groundbreaking, sustainable (technology) solutions. That’s why we, at OnePlanet Research Center, are questioning ourselves:
What if we can measure and understand what is good for the world and
for each individual person? In terms of food and agriculture, in terms of
What if we can empower people towards more sustainable choices?
What if we can make data-driven nutrition and health possible?
What if we can manage stress to make people more resilient?
What if we can monitor the health of plants and animals?
What if we develop technology which does not adversely affect our environment, but which supports it?
What if we can transform mass production of food into personalized food on demand?
What if …?!
At OnePlanet Research Center we don’t just imagine it. We work on it. We dream ánd do. We research and develop digital technology in food, agriculture and health domains achieving behavior change. Change that is needed to create a healthier future, for our planet and for humanity.
OnePlanet Research Center
Innovation center for chip and digital technology in food and health
OnePlanet Research Center is multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. We use the latest chip and digital technology to create a society in which everyone can live a healthy life and has access to good and sufficient food.
We initiate groundbreaking, fundamental and applied research,
groundbreaking innovations and smart product development. This is only possible
by using and bringing together great ideas, innovations and chip and digital
technologies from different disciplines and work closely together with
We ensure that companies, education, researchers, social institutions and citizens work together. We combine specialisms from the fields of agriculture, food and health and turn dreams into feasible solutions that contribute to a more sustainable society.
What you will do
We need you as a Business Development Manager Precision Health & Nutrition to be part of our interdisciplinary team to:
- Actively build and manage a portfolio of customers for OnePlanet both in new hardware SoC, data analytics, artificial intelligence and sensors/systems such as software algorithms.
- Generate and follow up leads within Food and medical/health industry and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- Advise and promote to customers the most optimal solution for their application under consideration, in collaboration with the experts of OnePlanet. Create high value project propositions and write research project proposals together with the team (public-private partnerships).
- Prepare quotations to customers per their needs while also negotiating and finalizing contracts. You also track the progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor the customer’s satisfaction.
- Clearly communicate current and future customer needs to the program management, technical teams and OnePlanet management.
- Work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide imec, WUR and Radboud account managers to create high-value proposals.
- You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven and with partners.
- You represent OnePlanet Research Center at external trade shows and exhibitions.
Being part of OnePlanet means you
will be working in a thrilling enterprising environment that develops mature
sustainable digital technology. It will be
about creating impact in a new team of engineers and medical, data and food technologists.
In an interdisciplinary team you will work on innovations that are immediately
applied and tested in field labs with our research and industrial partners.
Your focus within OnePlanet will be on innovations in the area of precision
health, nutrition and behavior.
As a Business Development Manager Precision Health & Nutrition you will be based in our Wageningen office. In this role your report to the Managing Director of OnePlanet Research Center and to the Business Development Director in our Leuven HQ.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is multidisciplinary collaboration agreement
between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud
University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers
you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer
paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a
wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- Master’s degree in Electrical, Biomedical, Bioinformatics or Bioengineering, or similar (must).
- You are eager to develop your business acumen and customer orientation (must).
- General knowledge about the Precision Health & Nutrition market and a good understanding of the technological trends and challenges in this segment (plus).
- Passionate about sales and/or business development preferably in a related segment (e.g.: wearables, life sciences, bioelectronics, precision health/nutrition, digital health) (must).
- Have outstanding presentation, written and verbal communication (in English) and interpersonal skills.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and are able to discuss and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters.
- Able to handle the admin part, incl.: reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis and other sales tools.
- A team player, working closely with the program and technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional and WUR and Radboud account teams.
- Start-up mentality and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Able to travel frequently to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%).
- Willing to travel to Leuven, Belgium (approx. 1 day every 2 weeks).
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead OnePlanet.
You can reach Frank Wolfs via +31(0)6-50837563.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.