Business Development Manager imec.link, West Coast
What you will do
The imec.link division of imec is responsible for providing access to advanced ASIC foundry technologies to Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) and to larger companies for which IC manufacturing is not a core competence. Imec.link provides both technical and logistics support to enable prototyping and small/large volume production of custom ASICs. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, imec.link is expanding its operations in North America. The Business Development Manager position will be responsible for developing imec.link’s business on the .
- You will use your excellent knowledge of the ASIC market and will build and manage a portfolio of customers in this market..
- Use your knowledge of advanced chip technology (CMOS), empowering you to advise customers and promote an optimal chip technology for their application, in collaboration with the chip foundry and the technical team at imec.
- Prepare quotations to customers and negotiate and finalize contracts.
- Ensure a correct, adequate and efficient execution of chip production contracts and follow up monthly forecasting, delivery schedule and/or production planning.
- You will rely on the expertise and execution of our technical team and on your excellent contacts with the chip foundry to make this a success.
- Advise management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions.
- Represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, universities, chip foundries and customers meet.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. we offer:
- This is a work from home opportunity
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance including medical and dental and vision
- 401k with a generous employer match to reward your drive and commitment
Who you are
- Master’s degree (preferably in electronics) with strong knowledge in the design and fabrication of chips.
- 7 years or more experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in the fabless semiconductor market, and ideally selling ASIC related services.
- Experience and understanding of chip design, tools & flow, as well chip packaging, and test is a must.
- And you just love to keep up-to-date on the latest developments.
- Technical knowledge of chip fabrication techniques (CMOS) is preferred.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You enjoy regular travel (2 to 4 trips per month) 40% + within the US and several visits each year to imec’s headquarters in Belgium.
- You have excellent communication skills, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to confer fluently on technical, legal and business related matters.
- A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a must.
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Ideal candidates will be located in a major market on the West Coast of the US.